Italian VS. Mexican Carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoundForBeer

Reaction score
Does anyone have any input as to which one makes the better carboys? I recently bought someone off someone who was getting out of the hobby and picked the Italian ones out of the bunch. I thought it sounded more classy. I just I just thought might have more sub par product (tho I am sure they are both about the same). You have a fav?

I prefer the Italian ones, but I suspect that they are essentially identical. IIRC, the Italian ones are no longer manufactured, but that may have changed since it was a couple of years ago that I heard that.

If you are looking for a new carboy it's going to come from italy. The mexico plant closed about 4 years ago. The italian ones cost more because there's more shipping costs involved. You could get either before but the majority came from mexico just because of the added shipping cost. I don't imagine any difference besides a different location molded on the bottom. Anyone with one of each want to start stress testing?

-cheers

Back