One in a Billion chances. Right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am driving home on highway in City. Windows down. Tunes rocking. All of a sudden,

"Whap!" a second later "Whap!"

First the face then the arm. I got stung by a freakin BEE! I guess he bounced off my face to stab my arm.

I got one down the back of my shirt that stung me while driving yesterday!!!
I hadn't been stung in like 25 years!

Me too. Driving home and a Hornet went in between my back and the back of the seat. Hit me about 3 times before I finally killed the sucker. :mad:

Too ugly to sting in the face? :D

Mah?

Ohh No. He got my face (cheek bone) but I guess it didn't take so he got a real jab in on my arm. Even then, I guess the wind from having the glass down pulled him out and the stinger too. Both ended up on the console in a freaky sort of slo-mo matrix fight scene.

Man. What an adrenaline rush! And dang what a welp!

Time to get revenge on the little buggers and steal their honey for mead.

Mah?

Ohh No. He got my face (cheek bone) but I guess it didn't take so he got a real jab in on my arm. Even then, I guess the wind from having the glass down pulled him out and the stinger too. Both ended up on the console in a freaky sort of slo-mo matrix fight scene.

Man. What an adrenaline rush! And dang what a welp!

Sorry, Gila, I was just kidding with ya. I didn't realize he got you in both the face and the arm. I shouldn't laugh at your misfortune. :eek:

The last time I got stung I was walking into my garage and a big ass hornet/djinn took a chunk out of the back of my head. The offending nest left the our plane of existence in an explosion that was part temper tantrum and part vengeful god. Well, a vengeful god that uses Daddy's 'driving words'. The worst attack in our family was when we asked our daughter to sweep out one of our outbuildings. She started with the big paper ball attached to the floor. Actually got it swept into the dust pan before the awful truth became evident. :eek:

I hate 'em. Yellow jackets even more. Had one in my truck last week, but managed to stop and get it out the window without getting stung.

Got nailed in the neck once while on the motorcycle. Maybe four square inches of skin exposed and zing!

Way back when I was a kid, I was flying down the hill to home on my bike. I was late so I was pumping hard and, swack, in the mouth flew a yellow jacket. Somehow I was able to get it spit out before I got stung. Funny thing is I can still remember the taste, very bitter. Maybe thats why I'm not overly fond of IPAs.:D

I had one in my car the othre day and he refused to leave. The only thing available was a can of air freshener. SO I got mid evil on his ass with it. At least he will smell nice going into the afterworld

try it on a motorcycle real fun .

riding around Lake Winnipisaukee I felt something hit me well ok a stone or a bug no big deal .... few seconds later I feel like I just had been been punched in the nose searing pain in my left nostril and again another searing jolt my eyes are tearing . I finally stop on the side of the side of the road and start smacking my nose meanwhile the rest of my group are looking at me like I finally lost it . Do the pinch of the right nostril and blow out comes a wasp still movin I then stomp the living crap out of it while cursing up a long string of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush.....

All the while everyone in the group is rolling in laughter ...The whole left side of my face was swollen for several hours

riding around Lake Winnipisaukee I felt something hit me well ok a stone or a bug no big deal .... few seconds later I feel like I just had been been punched in the nose searing pain in my left nostril and again another searing jolt my eyes are tearing . I finally stop on the side of the side of the road and start smacking my nose meanwhile the rest of my group are looking at me like I finally lost it . Do the pinch of the right nostril and blow out comes a wasp still movin I then stomp the living crap out of it while cursing up a long string of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush.....

All the while everyone in the group is rolling in laughter ...The whole left side of my face was swollen for several hours

WE have a Winner!!!! No that is 1 in a Billion for sure

I got a bee in my mouth riding a bike one day. Stung the underside of my tongue before i could spit it out. That one hurt. Swelled right up too. Fortunately it was near the front of my tongue so it didn't interfere with breathing.

I rode threw a swarm of bees one day. I, however, was lucky and didn't get a single sting. I did have a sudden urge to change underwear though.

I took one between the eyes from a wasp last summer. I beat the little ef'er senseless with a bag of coffee. He was still twitching around 20 minutes later when I got home.

Yeah hell of an adrenaline rush. Like the first time I got a car over 120.

Just remember that a 1 in a billion chance happens to, on average, 6.5 people per day around the world. So not that rare ;)

It wasn't in a vehicle, but I had one sucker get me right in between my toes one time while I was golfing (I have sandals with golf spikes). That made it a bit challenging to finish the last 3 holes.

Back