Igloo Island Breeze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madchemist83

Reaction score
Hi. I'm building mash tun out of Igloo Island Breeze 60 qt cooler this weekend. Gonna use PEX pipes and lead free brass fittings. Anyone built one recently? Any suggestions on size of fittings and connections?

That's the same cooler I use. I can't remember the size of the fittings I used, but I just used the SS braided line on the inside. Little word of warning, the existing drain hole makes the wheels unusable with a brass nipple sticking out. Someone mentioned that I should have drilled a hole in the front. You may want to explore that option.

image-3966591705.jpg

image-1917933669.jpg

Well the only way I see you being able to do that is extending the axle and throw some bigger wheels on it somehow. The problem with my setup is the nipple drags if I try to roll it.

I just stacked up 3 2x4's to raise up the cooler so the ballvalve was easier to use and the line wouldn't kink.

HTH,

-G

I went with a 3/8. I would probably go with a bigger one just to help speed the process.

I have a question for those of you using the Island breeze 60qt cooler. I am actually looking for a cooler to stick a single 2.5 gallon keg in. Over here in Belgium I don't have access to any of the coolers I would normally want to use, but I may be able to get one of these 60qt Island Breeze coolers. Unfortunately I can't find any internal measurements online. I figured if it could be done than I would have found someone online who has done it. So far no luck with that.

If anyone has a second could you check some measurements for me? what I need to know is shown in the photo. (I stole the photo from someone here but forget who)
interior-dimensions.jpg

Not sure about dimensions but it fits 6 gal carboy so 2.5 should not be a problem
wow! a 6 gallon carboy stands up straight in there? I assume it sticks out quite a bit. Thanks for the info! I think that I'll be able to fit two 2.5 gallon kegs in there... even though I only need one with some room for a few bottles. The only uncertainty is the height for the kegs (plus pin-lock connectors which are longer than ball-locks). That should probably be ok though. Thanks!

Back