wine slush mix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eibbor

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. This summer at a local farmers market, my wife picked up this mixture that you mix with wine and freeze to make a slush. The ingredients are: sugar, green tea,citric acid and other natural flavors. I'd like to make this mixture at home but not sure of the ratios. The mixture looks like sugar with a pink tint to it. Any idea on how to proceed?

Thanks, Robbie

Late to the game here, but figured I'd reply.

I'm 90% sure that I have it figured out. We're mixing them up in the next hour or so, and SHOULD be frozen enough to try them later tonight (I hope?)

Will be blogging the recipe tomorrow, if it works out. Side by side, though... homemade and store bought mixes (I have D'Marie's here) taste pretty much identical. We bought two bottles of the same wine, will be doing em both up at the same time.

I make a killer wine slush mix, so they tell me. You need a 750ml bottle of wine, dry instant lemonade mix and instant tea mix. In gallon size ziploc bag or equivalent container with lid add: dry lemonade mix to make two quarts, dry tea mix to make one quart, your bottle of wine and then fill the wine bottle with water and add that. Mix well, seal container and freeze overnight. Allow to defrost for at least 15 minutes and serve. Can combine with lemonlime soda, etc. Or serve as-is. Refreeze as needed.

Use different flavors of lemonade and tea mix. Works best with a semi-sweet wine. Can use liquid concentrate equivalents of lemonade and tea instread of powder, just always use two quart portion of lemonade and one quart portion for tea. I have used CrystalLight for the two quart portion and then half a container of one of their teas. But good old fashioned sugar based lemonade powder and instant tea is my favorite.

Back