Faucets: Perlick vs Creamer ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which faucet is better

• Perlick forward sealing type

• Creamer type

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Just kind of wondering what you prefer ?

Planning to expand my kegerator and do the taps up proper. What do you think is better the perlick forward sealing type or the creamer type faucet ?

Perlicks and creamers are two totally different faucets. I would say 1 creamer for every 4 perlicks.:D

Well, since creamer faucets are usually around $100 and perlicks are around $35, I'd say the perlicks are better.

I think Mutilated1 is referring to this:

attachment.php

which run ~$30.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/creamer-faucet-not-beer-engine-stout-faucet-52443/

Creamer Faucet - Faucets & Locks - KegSmart

Search Results

Creamer Beer Faucet w/ Stainless Steel Lever - Black Plastic, Chrome | BeverageFactory.com

Creamer Faucet :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

(I thought he was referring to stout faucets too :eek:)

I have both. Apples and Oranges. The Perlick for standard pours, Creamer for Stouts or what you want to mimick a Nitro head or Pump. I really love the Creamer for my Oatmeal Stout, it takes it to a new level. As mentioned above, 4:1. :D

I voted Perlick because it is a better faucet and is suited to most pours (plus they are sexy). The Creamer's sole purpose is the 'whipping' action.

I still need to install my Perlicks, but with a picnic tap I can do something similar to a creamer by only opening it a little bit at the end, that produces a very nice head on my stouts. Does this work the same with the perlick faucets?

Get the perlicks and save up for an engine or a nitro setup. You will use a regular faucet much more often and IMHO a creamer does not give the same effect as a true engine.

Get the perlicks and save up for an engine or a nitro setup. You will use a regular faucet much more often and IMHO a creamer does not give the same effect as a true engine.

That's always the thing with compromise, no?

If you only want one gas tank (space, money, etc) then a creamer faucet is a viable option. Granted it does neither what a nitro nor an engine do, but it is an improvement towards creating a moussy head.

I still need to install my Perlicks, but with a picnic tap I can do something similar to a creamer by only opening it a little bit at the end, that produces a very nice head on my stouts. Does this work the same with the perlick faucets?

No the Perlick is simply a smooth pour. I wouldn't buy any other taps tbh.

Latest posts

Back