kegging iced tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
ok, this might sound kind of obvious, but i think i want to have iced tea on tap too. if i keg it, and use co2 to push it, will it be carbonated? should i use, nitrogen, or possibly argon.

i know a reasturant near me tops off wine bottles with argon to keep them. what should i use?

anyone had experience pushing something they did not want carbed. is the only difference between argon and nitreogen the price?

i have access to both. our company sells it. would there be a benefit to argon, or should i just go with nitrogen

I'd go with nitrogen, i believe it's cheaper. At least its cheaper then co2.

Could always go with helium, that's be a blast.

How long would Ice Tea keep in a Keg? It tends to taste nasty after a few days in the fridge. Even if its not opened. I am talking about home made tea.

hm, good point. i was planning on pouring store bought gallons of tea in there. i am assuming they are pasteurized. or if it tastes like crap, i'm only out 5 or 6 bucks

What would be the pressure for nitrogen? Also, how do you think the beer mix would work with only 25% co2??

What would be the pressure for nitrogen? Also, how do you think the beer mix would work with only 25% co2??

Beer mix will carbonate it to whatever the equilibrium level is at the set partial pressure of CO2 and the liquid temperature.

Your nitrogen pressure should be set to produce your desired pour rate with your lines and lift.

Back