No Brew Crew for you, come back next month!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Well, the OBC meeting is tonight and it's snowing with more predicted for tonight and tomorrow. So, I guess I miss the meeting. I learned how to drive in February in New Jersey and don't have a problem, but there are way too many people here that don't understand how useless 4-wheel drive is on slush and ice. Last December, I almost got clobbered by an idiot in a dress-up truck and a soccer mom in an Navigator. Since my Sprinter is my first new vehicle in 15 years, I'd like to keep it nice for a while.

A sprinter is sex on wheels! :D

112_det03_dodge_sprinter_g.jpg

Is that what you drive daily?

I bet that jeep spends lots of time in that position so you can work on it. ;)
Just yukkin' I like the black on black. Can you see mosquito-**** on that paint?

Parking on the grass with the wheel up on a stump for a flex. That's a jeep man for you. When I had my '90 Cherokee (used to be a police cruiser, totally tricked out engine - that 4L could rev 9K!) I used to park it on the rocky median when the parking lot was full. That was when jeeps were jeeps. Jeeps now are - well, I guess I don't need to get into that. What kind of "Jeep" has four wheel drive as an option?

Unfortunately, the four-wheel drive Sprinter is not sold in the USA. As I mentioned, it isn't my driving that's the problem. If I had gone to the meeting, I would not have been able to get home until midnight (per the news) as my access road was blocked by a couple dress-up trucks that collided when one slide on a curve. 4WD does zip for handling on ice.

Dodge/Freightliner/Mercedes, the only differences are the logos. I have the SHC roof (6'1") so I can walk around without stooping. Great handling, weight capacity and mileage. Fun to drive as well.

Correct, they have a high capacity and a super. The 2006 line adds a super-duper high capacity roofline.

Back