Homebrewers in the Antelope Valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch01

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just signed up and this is my first post here. I hope its in the right place.

I used to home brew years ago and really enjoyed it until my LHBS ent out of business, and I havent brewed since. I was wondering if there any locals in the Palmdale Lancaster area that would like to get together and brew? I still have my equipment and such.

Thanks!

Sasquatch

No one? When I was brewing years ago there was a club here in the AV, but I guess its now defunct? Thats too bad..

Sasquatch01 said:
No one? When I was brewing years ago there was a club here in the AV, but I guess its now defunct? Thats too bad..

I'm sure there are a few as there's a new LHBS called the bearded brewer opening up in Quartz Hill. It supposed to open today or some time very soon.

Here's their #: (661) 418-6348

Really? Thats great! I was hoping there would be another shop open in the area since Acton homebrew closed 10 years ago.. Im goign to find it since Im in Quartz Hill myself!

Thanks!

Sasquatch01 said:
Really? Thats great! I was hoping there would be another shop open in the area since Acton homebrew closed 10 years ago.. Im goign to find it since Im in Quartz Hill myself!

Thanks!

sure thing. also, I think the homebrew club in the AV is called "beavr" but I'm not sure they are still active cuz I can't find their website.

Thanks for your help.. I plan on visiting the Breaded Brewer this week..

I have done several searches for clubs here, butnone come up.. There used to be a club called the High Desert Trublemakers, but I guess they arent around anymore. Im excited about this new LHBS tho..

Hello Sasquatch01,

I'm in Lancaster and sometimes brew. Never as much I as I would like. Let me know if you would like to meet up.
This is my first posting and I'm not sure how it all works.

Wayne

Hello Wayne..

Id love to get together sometime. Ive been rather busy as of late tho, and dont know when Ill get the chance to brew.. Im lloking to try an AG batch.. Have you tried this?

I have done a couple all grain. Still trying to get organized with it. That is a weakesss of mine.

Live in west Lancaster near 40th & J. Mostly I brew when my friends who have an interest in brewing motivate me to do a batch.

We'll be talk soon, I hope. Do you have any idea how people exchange contact info? I hesitate to put too much info out in the public.

Wayne

Hello Fellow AV brewers. There is a club up here that is actually growing quite rapidly. the website is http://beavr.org/ meeting are almost always on the first fridays of the month and the schedule can be found on the forum. We're meeting at Bravery Brewing in April.

Also if you haven't been out to The Bearded Brewer, it is a great little shop, Dylan (the owner) is a great resource of knowledge and a fellow beavr. Homebrewing is alive and well in the AV.

I never check this side of the board, but I'm in Lancaster too, on the East side. As a matter of fact, I live within 3 miles of both breweries out here, which is pretty awesome. I've been out to the Bearded Brewer once so far and I have to say his prices are really good, a lot better than Eagle Rock. I think I'm going to check out the beavr meeting in April.

So cool to see my home town pop up on here. I grew up in Quartz Hill, then later, Lancaster. I didn't even know there was a brewery out there.

I haven't been back to Lancaster for 2 years, but one amazing gem in that desert town is that liquor store on the NW corner of 20th West and Ave J. It's been there for at least 20 years or more now. The guy who owns it stocks some of the rarest, most amazing beers I've ever found. Every time I pass thru, I leave with more than $200 worth of beer.

I had a great, random conversation with another customer one day I was there, he told me this particular shop was one of the largest in CA for it's variety and that the owner was able to get things few others could. He even pointed out a couple amazing beers that couldn't be found easily, and were in very high demand.

Hello Beaker,

For the benefit of others that may try to find the beer store you mentioned, I think you are referring to the store on NW corner of 20th West and K. Not J. you are right it has a great variety of beers I stop there often.

You only have to be careful what you pick up at park lane. Some of those beers have been sitting in the heat for years.
So long as you know what you're doing and check for dust you should be ok.

You're totally right, I meant to write Avenue K. I still avoid the bottles down lower that are covered in thick layers of dust.

Wow! Last place I'd think for a good brew selection! I grew up in Littlerock, still visit the AV regularly to see family. I will check these out.

My first time in there to buy good beer was about 10 years ago. Back then, the beer selection was vast, but like others had mentioned, it didn't look like the stock was rotated very frequently. But I have to say, each time I've dropped in there over the past 5 years, there's always tons and tons of awesome and new stuff, with re-organized displays, showing very unique beers, so I'd be led to think he moves his stock much faster now. I think it's a destination spot for beer geeks in the area now, so he's starting to cater to us more.

I'm in palmdale myself, I'm a noobie as well. Nevered brewed before, But looking to start. I'm Jason and I live off by the 14 freeway and ave.S.

You only have to be careful what you pick up at park lane. Some of those beers have been sitting in the heat for years.
So long as you know what you're doing and check for dust you should be ok.

Ha. I used to live in Lancaster. We used to call that place "the clock tower." :rockin:

Back