Cheap source of kegs!! And polishing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patthebrewer

Reaction score
Just got 4 more kegs from a seller on ebay. Selling them for $32. a piece. Initially I was put off because of the Shipping charge listed. If you email mail him with you zip though the rate is much better. Cost me MUCH less for all four, them came as described though pretty dirty, and stickered up. The good news is that five minutes per keg with Barkeepers Friend (I love this stuff) polished them up to a mirror like finish:ban:. Inside cleans up perfectly with the usual overnight soak in PBW (which you would do any way), with $3 for all new gaskets, and it's ready for a liftime in my brewery. Definitely not brand new but, inexpensive, easy to clean up, nice seller, and fast shipping.
Heres mine with the two on the right before cleaning.

Did I mention how much I love barkeepers friend:D

100_7218.jpg

How much did it come out to per keg when you factor in shipping? Are you buying them from that guy in florida who has that giant stock of kegs?

Sorry:D ....worked out to 39. a keg....and yes came from florida seller....he seems to have a huge stockpile. I might even order a few more when the wife isn't looking;)

Back