How Do I Put This?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to facebook, my eldest child (25 yo girl) is now engaged. To her very smart, respectful but reclusive, gothy musician, neutered boyfriend. So far, so good.

And some other girl?? WTF? I don't even know this other chick!
I console myself with the idea that a three-way marriage is doomed to failure.

TMMW, homebrew is about three pints from empty, and pipeline has gone dry.

First, who knows who put what, where on Facebook. I hate it myself and only use it sparingly for my small biz. But, it might be time to have a talk with your daughter, not to judge, but to let her know she can talk to you about anything.
At 25, they can do what the heck they want even if most folks under 30 don't know WTF they are doing.....no offense to any of those in that age group. :)

Wow... and you had to find out through Facebook? Wow...

Is he actually neutered or are you saying he is a pansy?

Kids on facebook are always changing their relationship status to 'married' or 'engaged' to some friend or another, as a joke. Don't know if that's what your daughter's doing, but its an observation I have from my children's friends.

If its real, well, hey, we can talk about my youngest sometime, will make you feel good about your children.

TMMW, homebrew is about three pints from empty, and pipeline has gone dry.

And my pipeline is empty. How the hell did that happen? Got a cream ale ready to be kegged and bottled, a wee heavy that won't be ready for another four or five months, a robust porter to be brewed tomorrow and an IPA (or maybe a hoppy APA) to be brewed on the 4th.

I'm more distressed about the pipeline, but I do think the "engagement" is real. Younger daughter is on the phone right now, getting the Snopes.

The guy had himself sterilized at age 22, but he is a bit femmish, as well.

Kids these days!

Well, the relationship(s) her problem, lack of homebrew is mine :D

I guess she wants to talk about it :confused:

The text looks worse than it really is, but I thought it was ridiculous enough for a laff. She'll help with the meal :)

3b49ffc5.jpg

I think the other girl lives halfway across the country. Someday my daughter will be heartbroken when she realizes that three's a crowd. But I think she just may legally marry the guy, with the other girl having some kind of commitment ceremony.

And...the invitation to dinner has become a meal at a restaurant, so at least I'll get some Chicken Tikka Masala.

Wait. Hold on a second. Let's really think this through. I think the facts will provide some justification and maybe even some modicum of respect for the guy in this situation.

1. He's on the fast track to hooking up with 2 girls. You know, the 3-way all the guys want??
2. He's made sure that he won't suffer paternally for his sowing of the wild oats.
3. He's so charming and charismatic that he even has (one of) his girlfriend's mom's cooking for him and then bringing the food to HIM!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but this guy kind of sounds like some sort of social genius to me!

For comparison, a friend sent a request to confirm our relationship. There was a list of familial relationships to choose from.

He was not blood related, so the only option I could choose that made sense was "Partner".

Because I think we played in a golf scramble one time...

His wife was like "WTF???"

I'm pretty sure he deleted our relationship, the jerk!

Gads. There's a "wedding" date set for next fall. Dress shopping starts next week, at a traditional dress shop.

Funny thing is that I was just showing a coworker some facebook pictures of the guy, because they're a bit shocking. Guy's a musician, I don't know if it should be called Goth, but there's eyeliner, dark music, old-timey gas masks, and latex.

I'm not cooking :) Tonight my husband and I are going out to a restaurant with the happy couple, presumably to discuss the wedding plans. I have already checked the beer list, and there are a few brews I'd like to try. I may need at least one of each.

My MIL must be having fits- my younger daughter is dating a guy from a different race, and the older one is in an atheistic three-way marriage. :ban: Bazinga!

I do not know how to feel about this, especially if this was my daughter. Super weird that he killed his little willies, must be a very dogmatic type of guy.

So if 50% of all marriages end in divorce, and these three get divorced, how will that count in the statistics?

Homer is right. This guy is a genius. Lands a semi-permanent 3-way and doesn't have to worry about kids from it. Life will be a party for the rest of his days.

Until he realizes it's hard enough to please just 1 woman..... God his life is going to be hell.

Don't worry about the eye-liner. Probably just a musician thing. Ever seen a picture of Nikki Sixx from Motley Crew? I don't know whats up with the mask though.

Think about the life they can have. 3 potential incomes, no children. Don't know what your daughter and the other young lady do for work, but it could work out pretty well for them. If your daughter likes kids at all my guess is it doesn't last too long. Something about wanting to have kids with a sterile punk rocker might have her reevaluating the situation.
We all hope that our children make the right decisions, but we gotta support them when they don't.

landshark said:
Homer is right. This guy is a genius. Lands a semi-permanent 3-way and doesn't have to worry about kids from it. Life will be a party for the rest of his days.

Until he realizes it's hard enough to please just 1 woman..... God his life is going to be hell.

Haha, ain't that the truth.

landshark said:

Until he realizes it's hard enough to please just 1 woman..... God his life is going to be hell..

2x nagging
2x pms
I feel bad for him

The guy's got it even better than you might think. The second wife lives 1,000 miles away, so when he sees her, he gets a little vacation with some sanctioned semi-strange thrown in. I don't even want to think about when they all get together! :eek:

I'm sitting here thinking back to what I was doing in my life at that age. Young, wild.... working in a nightclub in Hollywood that all the famous hair bands of the day hung out at. LOL... I grew out of it and I'm sure your daughter will too.

If you want to help expedite the breakup..... secretly put the bug in his ear that he should seriously consider a pre-nup because if he makes it big as a 'rock star' (lol... yeah that'll happen) and things don't work out, the wives will walk away with half his stuff and money. Yeah... that ought to start a fight or two when they go home ;)

OP, a woman, used the term "sanctioned semi-strange." I must step up my game lest I fall hopelessly behind.

Wait, if was he medically sterilized, then his his sex drive was cut off as in castrated and sex would be a non-issue as he or shall I say "IT" would have no interest in sex and be unable to achieve an erection!! Wow, that is a drastic thing to do and most doctors will not perform such an operation unless the guy is a pedophile and could not control his urge for young children. Otherwise he could be chemically sterilized which lasts as long as he takes the drugs, which I believe have some very strange side effects. Most disturbing ... now I was quite wild at 22 but this takes the cake, frosting and pan included. If this guy actually had his testicles removed then he is beyond weird ... so beyond weird ... My heart goes out to you, I hope it all works out okay. Good Luck.

Wait, if was he medically sterilized, then his his sex drive was cut off as in castrated and sex would be a non-issue as he or shall I say "IT" would have no interest in sex and be unable to achieve an erection!! Wow, that is a drastic thing to do and most doctors will not perform such an operation unless the guy is a pedophile and could not control his urge for young children. Otherwise he could be chemically sterilized which lasts as long as he takes the drugs, which I believe have some very strange side effects. Most disturbing ... now I was quite wild at 22 but this takes the cake, frosting and pan included. If this guy actually had his testicles removed then he is beyond weird ... so beyond weird ... My heart goes out to you, I hope it all works out okay. Good Luck.

I'm sure we are talking about vasectomy here.

Back