Fast way to hop infusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

The housing itself is a 10" water filter housing with 3/4" BSP porting.

10" WATER FILTER HOUSING CLEAR WITH 3/4" PORTS | eBay

The rest is
stainless 1/4" tubing(FV return line)
stainless 3/8" tubing(filter internal pipe)
Various stainless steel reduction and X-over fittings/bushes and 1/4" 1/4 turn valves.
3/8" flexible hosing
24 Volt speck magnetic coupled pump(Ebay US sourced a couple of years back, bought three of them)

There is also an aluminium mounting bracket and a aluminium strainer plate. I handmade these.

The idea came from a outdoor survival show i watched years ago on water purification.(Isn't it amazing what lurks in the corners of our brains)? Below is the same idea.

Emergency Water Filtration | Practical Survivor.

Mix this in with the way a cafetiere works.

How to Use a French Press or Cafetiere

Add a dash of NOT wanting to pay the price for a shiny!

NEW BLICHMANN HOP ROCKET - Home Brew Kits, beer kits, wine kits for Beer Making and homebrew Wine Making at HopandGrape.com

Et voila HopThang! :)

I really enjoyed making it and was very happy when it all went together nicely. I look forward to using it on the IPA i will be brewing next week.

The rest of the brewery was put together in much the same fashion. Parts sourced through Ebay and used or modified or built from scratch.

Its a 4 tier brewery with HLT electric fired, Cool box mash tun, HUGE stainless steel kettle which was being used as a rain barrel before i bought it. I have a modifed turkey fryer running on propane as heat source and finally a 100 ltr plastic conical fermenter. Max brew length would be around about 200 ltrs with the addition of a second conical but i stick to 'small' 16 gallon batches. Don't know about you guys but for me the fun is in thinking about what i would like to acheive and then getting there from here in the most efficient way possible. :rockin:

Buying shiny off the shelf is easy and not any where near as satisfying!Only one mans opinion.

SDC12109.JPG

SDC12110.JPG

SDC11576.JPG

SDC11549.JPG

Back