Whats going on ????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taz602

Reaction score
This was my fourth batch. Mini mash kit from Austin Homebrew. It is Dragon Stout...brewed on Dec. 20. Tossed double Yeast ( White Labs - American Pilsner Lager 840). Very Little bubbler activity. Transfered to secondary Dec. 28. Man that bubbler took off and is showing little sign of slowing down and today is Jan. 9. Original gravity was 1.066, When I transferred to secondary it was 1.020. Question is...should I worry...or just let it bubble away. Am still a novice...but have figured out...every batch is different...

It sounds like it wasn't done when you transferred it to secondary, but I think it's slightly concerning that at 1.02 it has bubbled away for 2 more weeks past that...

What's the gravity now? How does it taste?

Don't worry about the bubbles, it could bubble for weeks with out the gravity changing as dissolved CO2 works its way out of solution.

Let it be and don't worry, be happy.

Like others have mentioned, you can't use the bubbles as signs of fermentation. If you don't have bubbles, you might just not have a good seal. If you have bubbles, you might just have CO2 coming out of solution, only way to check is consecutive hydrometer readings that don't change over the course of a couple of days.

Thanks for the replies. Got brave enough to sample it...and it is beer. Pulled a gravity and it has come down= 1.010..but tastes kinda green. Will just let it work...thanks again

Back