New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Czech Pilsner from a 1 gallon starter

DSC01078.jpg

Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde. First time making this recipe for me and pretty tasty.

image-1528239338.jpg

Bittered the IPA with Belma and used 10 oz Serebrianka for flavor and aroma.
Sam Adams Boston Lager with Octoberfest yeast on the left.
Both are very good.

Octoberfest and Cthulhu.jpg

DSmith said:
English Pale Ale

That looks great. If I were to picture an EPA in my mind. That is what it would look like. Hope it tastes as good as the one I'm imagining right now. :mug: nice job!

That looks great. If I were to picture an EPA in my mind. That is what it would look like. Hope it tastes as good as the one I'm imagining right now. :mug: nice job!

Thanks, I think it does taste as good as it looks. I've made about 8 batches in this style and it's finally coming together with Golden Promise as a base malt (along with English crystal and chocolate malt) and London Ale III for yeast.

This nasty greenish mess is our hombrew club chili IPA, jalapeno, Serrano , and Habanero peppers. It burns, and I am going to pay for it tonight and tomorrow!

chili beer.jpg

This nasty greenish mess is our hombrew club chili IPA, jalapeno, Serrano , and Habanero peppers. It burns, and I am going to pay for it tonight and tomorrow!
How'd this turn out? Did the hops and peppers play nicely with each other? And what kind of hops did you use?

Every summer I make a jalapeño saison that everyone (but my wife) loves. I only use bittering hops to let the yeast and peppers speak for themselves, but finding good hops to go with those might add a whole new dimension.

How'd this turn out? Did the hops and peppers play nicely with each other? And what kind of hops did you use?

Every summer I make a jalapeño saison that everyone (but my wife) loves. I only use bittering hops to let the yeast and peppers speak for themselves, but finding good hops to go with those might add a whole new dimension.

Turns out this was a simple Pilsner using 1.5oz Magnum @60, 2oz Saaz each at 10, 5, and flameout.

Not enough, in my opinion, as the burn from the peppers was way too much.

Turns out this was a simple Pilsner using 1.5oz Magnum @60, 2oz Saaz each at 10, 5, and flameout.

Not enough, in my opinion, as the burn from the peppers was way too much.
Sorry to hear that. If you want the pepper flavor without as much spiciness, you can scrape the seeds. But I think some big fruity hops might pair well with the spice, maybe some Mosaic or Citra.

This is my wet-hopped brown ale, from a recipe based on Janet's Brown. I used my homegrown Cascades as the flameout addition and skipped the dry hop. Turned out really well!

photo.jpg

I did a Yuengling lager clone that turned out pretty good.
vl.jpg
Nice and clear
clear.jpg

Raspberry Blonde Ale. It has been in the bottle for a month and is just starting to come together.

1458455_10201799212614073_729432733_n.jpg

Crappy cell pics, but my American Porter. Fastest grain to glass ever, will probably only get better with age. If it sees said age. :tank:

WP_20131126_002.jpg

WP_20131126_003.jpg

Back