Designing a new brewery and need a cad file

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm designing my new brewery in ProE (it's what I use at work) and I'm looking for a 3D cad file for a Marsh pump 809. Or something close to it. Anyone draw one up that would be willing to export it to me? Step or IGES file would be great.

If you know someone with Google Sketch Up Pro they can download a March Pump directly form the 3D warehouse and exprot to a .dwg/.dxf. I only have the free version, but I think I can get around it, I will give it a shot and let you know if it works...

I created a quick model of a march pump in Inventor a while back. Might not be 100% accurate but should be good enough for your purposes. I don't have access to the model at the moment but I'll take a look for it this afternoon.

its 3d and a google sketch up file. can you import a .dae file into either program you are using?

I have a DWG of this pump. Send me your email in a PM and I'll send it your way. I don't have enough posts to put it on here. :mug:

I found my Inventor model of the pump. I've created an iges file but I can't attach it because I am not a member. PM me with your email and I can send it to you. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like. Please note that the pump head can be rotated just like on the real pump.

March Pump.jpg

I found my Inventor model of the pump. I've created an iges file but I can't attach it because I am not a member. PM me with your email and I can send it to you. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what it looks like. Please note that the pump head can be rotated just like on the real pump.

That's what I'm looking for..... :rockin:

If you wanna PM me I can send you the model as well. Or someone who is able to post files can just add a link here.

I do this type of work for a living so it was really no big deal to create the model. I have a models of a Banjo/Hurricane Burner, a sanke keg and a propane tank as well if anyone is interested (I can't take credit for the tank though, if I remember correctly I downloaded that somewhere) Anyhow shoot me a PM if you're interested in any of this junk.

Banjo Burner.jpg

Keg.jpg

Propane Tank.jpg

Back when I originally posted the images for these CAD files a member PM'd me to ask for all of my CAD files and said he would host them on his website for others to download. A link to the files has never been posted here and I don't remember who the member was. I am hoping whoever it is that they still subscribe to this thread, read this post and will put up a link. I get PM'd at least once every couple of weeks by people looking for the files. It'd be nice if they had a link to just download them.

I am also curious if these files are still available through email or link. I am using Solidworks myself and wonder if the files will transfer over.

I created a free account on Mediafire to host the files. Not sure how long they'll keep them up so grab them while you can.

Banjo Burner: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1kr11fxvlbpyx1
March Pump: http://www.mediafire.com/?jq0m8whj45klnge
Propane Tank: http://www.mediafire.com/?8p6oyy7zu62c29b
Keg (cut): http://www.mediafire.com/?a3fwlcds39qppft

All the files are in STEP format, so you should be able to import them into pretty much any 3D software.

Oh, and sorry to all for the wait, I just switched computers and had a hell of a time finding the original files, which is why I was hoping someone else would post a link. Let me know if the link works and if you use the files. If I create more I can post those as well (going to model a therminator shortly).

No problem.

If you use these files maybe you could post some screenshots of the designs you create with them? I'd love to see what others come up with. I can post some shots of mine too once I figure out a few more things.

Thanks!

I can also model a few things that aren't *too* complicated. I'm not really trained in 3D design, I just have a friend who does it for a living and I have acquired solftware (legally this time) to model in.

I've just modeled a 4 x 4 square electrical box and cover for a temp controller project, and now I just have to model the mini controller and outlet to fit in it. Plus the strain relief for the power cord.

I should model up a Love controller for my electric brewery control panel coming up this spring.

Does anyone have part files for these by chance, if they are even out there? Instead of just a solid assembly. Opened up the pump in solidworks and tried to do a cross dimension view but it was solid on the inside, not sure if that is normal or if I did something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Yavid! Was looking for that pump for a while...

*I will put up screen shots once I have a more detailed layout of the set up in a few days...

KarmaPolice: I just modeled the pump so it looked accurate from the outside. Not worth the effort to model the internals if you ask me. Why would you ever need to see the internals? The only reason for that kind of accuracy would be if you planned to reverse engineer/machine a new pump head.

Personally I prefer my models simple, with only the detail I need. Too often at work people model equipment with every nut, bolt, tag, lift lug, etc. You get a half dozen of these overly complex models into a larger assembly and you can't see any of those details anyway. All it does is add time and unneeded complexity.

Prior to modeling the pump I called March to see if they had any 3D models. They have models for some of their other pumps (the bigger industrial ones) but not these little guys.

Sorry I should have said why I was looking for the internals/parts. I was curious to engineer one up /fabricate one. Taking some design, materials, solidworks and rapid prototyping classes, and wanted to see if I could make a working piece

Ahh, makes sense. In that case the internals would be nice. These pumps are a pretty simple design though. If someone has one handy just get them to take a few photos of the internals. There isn't much there.

Yavid you are awesome. This post deserves a bump for anyone looking for CAD models for equipment design. The links still work.

Back