Is this a good kegging setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have absolutely nothing as far as kegging is concerned. I also don't really know what I need so I was seeking a little assistance from those a little more knowledgeable as far as kegging is concerned.

Is this a good setup since I need everything?

http://www.cornykeg.com/catalog.asp?prodid=718752&showprevnext=1

Also, is that a good price? I noticed those regulators don't come cheaply. I could do some searching for cheaper regulators and tanks, etc, however with shipping from several different locations that might end up costing more.

Any and all information/replies are greatly appreciated and welcomed, even the sarcastic ones. ESPECIALLY the sarcastic ones.

It's a decent deal because it comes with a 10lb CO2 tank. Most kits come with 5lb. Here is a good kit at kegconnection that is a little cheaper, but comes with a 5lb tank.
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=325
You can upgrade to a 10lb tank for $10 and save $5 overall from the cornykeg kit. Plus kegconnection has $7.99 flat rate shipping.

The equipment looks fine. I've purchased it cheaper at Adventures in Homebrewing recently. Shipping costs probably would be the determining factor if it was me.

I prefer to purchase locally. Especially kegging equipment as you should be able to get a filled tank and a quick demo of how to use it if you need it. Have any leaks, bring it back and let the sort it out. As well as seeing the condition of the keg you are getting.

If you have an LHBS's give it a shot and also see if they can compete on price.

Personally I would go with the KC version. Looks like better hose materials, etc.

Personally I would go with the KC version. Looks like better hose materials, etc.

I agree. Keg Connection uses mfl connectors and oeticker clamps too, which are vastly superior in my opinion.
I think you can get a 10# CO2 tank upgrade for $10, as well.
Disclaimer: I don't work for Keg Connection, but I am a very satisfied repeat customer.

+1

While there have been some customer issues in the past with KC (I had one personally) - KC (Todd Burns) really made it right. He is a solid guy and knows his stuff about the setups.

You may want to ask for a little more line than the standard 5 feet they put on though. Maybe get 10ft and cut back from that as you dial your system in as needed.

I've bought kegs from both, and am satisfied with the service from both places. Keg Connection will have much better shipping rates, so it's probably worth going with them for that reason. Also, their A+ grade kegs are super nice and I agree with the above posters about the crimp clamps and MFL fittings.

+1 on KC. I have been using my setup for about a month and it is flawless, excellent quality all around. Excellent customer service and ordering experience with quick delivery.

I've purchased from this vendor before. There local to me so pickup over shipping makes it worth it. Good Guys.

Thanks for all of the info, guys. I think I'll check out keg connection.

Why does the length of hose matter? Does it have to do with carbonation or is a longer hose just more convenient?

So I finally ordered a kegging setup. Took me long enough, right?

Anyway, Keg Connection has a great deal right now for an entire setup for $120 with free shipping.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

Kegging setup

Thanks for all of the info, guys. I think I'll check out keg connection.

Why does the length of hose matter? Does it have to do with carbonation or is a longer hose just more convenient?

10' of hose from the keg to the faucet helps drop the pressure so that it doesn't foam too much coming out of the faucet. You drop about 1PSI/2' of hose. This way you have enough pressure to push it from the keg but it drops enough going through the lines to slow the beer before it gets to your glass. If you search for balancing the lines you will see more talk on this.

Back