Yes or no to this Sanyo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
741-3m23pa3la5z25w15r1a8v59a15c22e729106a.jpg

Note the freezer section. Are those generally bendable or is that a no go?

I wonder the same thing. I was looking at possible fridges, and noticed a GE in particular looks like it has cooler coils running through it. Not sure if I would want to try and bend them.

I think people have used that one in the past. You have to bend the freezer compartment down and to the back. Then remove the temp dial on the side, so it just hangs towards the back

I read up on it, It looks like it would have worked but I wasn't able to respond to the ad in time so it got sold. This is like the 3rd or 4th fridge in a row I've tried to grab off of CL without success. But If i'm going to ever Keg I'll have to buy used, SWMBO but her foot down on this one, no new fridge AND it can't look like crap if I put it inside.

Are you also looking on CL for kegerators or just mini fridges? I see new listings for kegerators every day in SoCal. Anywhere from $150 to $350 and they are turnkey units. No other hardware to buy. If you already have all the other hardware, then maybe getting a mini fridge is the way to go for you.

I have an instance of firefox open with the following search terms on CL in different tabs: kegerator, keggerator, fridge, minifridge, refrigerator, sanyo, danby, frigidaire, and homebrew.
All set to auto re-fresh every 15min. There just aren't many kegerators for sale out here in dallas it seems, most of them are $300+ that are listed.

At the $300 mark, I kind of look at it like this:

$150 = mini fridge
$150 = beer hardware including: CO2 Tank, regulator, Tap/Tower, drip tray, top rail, Sanke tap.

Other benefits to a kegerator include: ability to put 3 cornies inside instead of 2, wheels on cabinet, ability to put CO2 inside (even with 3 cornies).

Not saying you shouldn't build one, but if you have a hard time finding beer stuff on CL in your area, you're probably not going to save much going the DIY route.

Also, for watching CL, look at using the RSS feeds. It will auto-refresh your searches every few minutes. If you delete the entries in the feed that you aren't interested in, then only new entries will show up as it refreshes.

The issue with $300-$350 is getting my wife to be ok with that kind of up front investment. We are very tight on our budget, so i've got just under $100 a month to blow on "hobbies". I thought I could just start collecting the parts now. Maybe I"ll just wait for Christmas and get the inlaws along with my parents to buy me one or something like that.

Back