New Product! Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I fell asleep trying to read through all the posts here. I ordered mine yesterday, but I still want to know......has anyone fermented a successful lager in one of these yet???

jhart94949 said:
Ok, I fell asleep trying to read through all the posts here. I ordered mine yesterday, but I still want to know......has anyone fermented a successful lager in one of these yet???

Yup, two. Chocolate bock and smoky boktoberfest. Of course, an idiot friend of mine borrowed it, made a mess in it, then tried to clean it with hot water, and ripped the lining somehow. I didn't notice at first, but I did notice when I went to put a carboy in.

But it's a great product, I'm going to buy another soon. Definitely works for lager ferm temps. I think I wrote up a review early in the thread about it.

Just don't use hot water to clean it. Very easy to keep it clean anyways.

Hello All!

We have a new product that we are testing the market for here 1st. Simply put it is a 100% waterproof insulated cooler bag designed specifically for controlling temperatures while fermenting or lagering homebrew. (Patent Pending).

Fermenting your homebrew at the right temperature is one of the critical factors in making good beer. Let the temperature get out of whack, and you beer will suffer! Neatly and easily keep your fermentation temperatures in check with our new fermentation cooler. Our Fermentation Cooler is designed specifically to accommodate standard 6.5 and 5 gallon fermenters and carboys. Just add ice packs, ice, water (frozen 2-liters work great) or anything cold and switch out as needed to reach the desired temperature. Save time and effort in that The Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler is sealed, insulated and 100% waterproof so it will efficiently and neatly keep your temperatures in check. When you’re done the Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler easily folds up for storage until the next brew day!

Key Benefits over other options:
1.) Much more efficient and cleaner then homemade swamp coolers
2.) Much less expensive than custom kegorator or keezer set up
3.) Easier than buying and then hacking up a plastic cooler- Cool Brewing Cooler will work with multiple sized fermenters.
4.) It neatly conceals fermenter and is 100% waterproof so will not leave condensation.
5.) It folds up for easy storage when not in use or travel.
6.) Will work great in condos and warm climates where you need a swamp cooler even for Ale’s!

Please post or PM me with your email address and I will notify you once the product is available!

Expect the price point to be around $50 (you would be surprised at the cost of high quality materials)

See pictures below!

Our website and Facebook page will be up shortly with more information!

They advertise a military discount on their site, so I emailed them twice. Guess what.....no response at all. I guess they don't want my money. :confused::confused:

They advertise a military discount on their site, so I emailed them twice. Guess what.....no response at all. I guess they don't want my money. :confused::confused:

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear this!

We do not advertise a military discount. Perhaps we should start though… :mug:

We somehow have not received your emails as well.

Please always feel free to PM me here on HBT or email us at [email protected] or you also can always call at 917-4(COOLER) 917-426-6537 for any questions or if we can help with anything!

Hope this helps,

Cheers

BrewingGunner said:

I was able to get a military discount a few days ago. Great company and very helpful, I bet something happens to your email. Also I had to email them for mine, I didn't see anything on there website about discounts, are you sure you weren't I one of there suppliers websites?

Just another note, cool-brew actual has the best price going, I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else.

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear this!

We do not advertise a military discount. Perhaps we should start though… :mug:

We somehow have not received your emails as well.

Please always feel free to PM me here on HBT or email us at [email protected] or you also can always call at 917-4(COOLER) 917-426-6537 for any questions or if we can help with anything!

Hope this helps,

Cheers

No worries. I have to correct my previous post. It was not advertised. I just emailed and got no response. Thanks for fixing this.

As I complained in an earlier post, I also have to point out the good. This company rectified my complaint immediately. They contacted me and really want to get to the bottom of the issue.

I really appreciate the proactiveness of the company. My opinion has changed completely! Cheers guys and thanks for contacting me! I hope we can do business!

I picked one up not that long ago and have two beers fermenting in mine. I have to say that I'm really impressed. I actually brought the temperature too low (very low 60's) thinking it wouldn't work as well as advertised. Once I figure out roughly what size/how many water bottles to use this thing will be perfect!

Has anyone tried or think this can fit in it?
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/16-5-gallon-plastic-fermentor.html
i have the cool brew and the dimensions are 26.5h x 21.5 diameter
The dimensions on the Fermenter are 22h x 17 diameter.
so I'd have 4.5 inches on the height and 4.5 inches on the diameter.
an airlock might be tough, but im thinking a blowoff tube might work.
and then to keep it cool, stuff it with a bunch of small water bottles and ice packs since 2 liters probably wont fit.

I'm not sure if that will fit. I have a 30L speidel fermenter I use which is 13.5 x 18.5 or so and I can't use the Speidel airlock with it but a standard airlock works fine.
Maybe you can ask them if they'd custom make you one. I'm sure that would be expensive.

hopbrad said:
Has anyone tried or think this can fit in it?
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/16-5-gallon-plastic-fermentor.html
i have the cool brew and the dimensions are 26.5h x 21.5 diameter
The dimensions on the Fermenter are 22h x 17 diameter.
so I'd have 4.5 inches on the height and 4.5 inches on the diameter.
an airlock might be tough, but im thinking a blowoff tube might work.
and then to keep it cool, stuff it with a bunch of small water bottles and ice packs since 2 liters probably wont fit.

With that much beer fermenting at once are you sure ice bottles will keep it cool? It seems like the energy produced by the fermenting beer may overwhelm the ice bottles. Just my 2 cents.

I'm liking my cool-brewing bags. I can fit two 6.5 gallon plastic fermenting buckets in one bag. Adding about 3 gallons of solid ice drops the temp. about 10-15 degrees. I'm still working on the perfect amount of ice to add.

I'm going to get one. What is that promo code again? :)

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and bought it! Does anyone know if they are selling these at any home brew shops?

I have not seen these at any of my LHBS. Space tends to be very limited, so sticking an item that would potentially take up room and may not sell would be a problem for them I would think. Eventually I can see these making their way into HBS.

Thanks! How cold can you get it? Cold enough to lager?

I guess much depends on your home's temperature.
My home is 78 in the summer and 2 quart containers of ice checked twice daily easily keeps my temps in the 64-66 range. 3 brings it close to 60. I don't think I could get much cooler than 58 so I know I could never lager.

I'm going to get one. What is that promo code again? :)

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and bought it! Does anyone know if they are selling these at any home brew shops?

Thanks for your business!

We are in a few home brew shops around the nation and growing all the time. We are working on adding this to our website soon!

Cheers!

I'm sold on this product!!! Used it for my last 5 batches and have been able to keep temps anywhere from 55-70 depending on the amount of 2 liter bottles I use. This is at an ambient room temp of 78-82! If you can't afford refrig or other coolers - this is the product for you

Hey Guys,

How does this compare to a son of fermentation chiller? I think both cost the same to make/buy. I'm currently using a ice bath and switching new frozen water bottles 3-4 times a day. Ideally I only want to change frozen bottles once a day.

Im sure this question has been answered, but has anyone tried heating up their fermenting temps with this bag? For example, I am fermenting a Saison right now that I need to get into the 80's/ low 90's... I was thinking about putting a heating pad in the cool brewing bag with it. Anyone tried this?

Awesome product, I have two water (frozen) bottles in my bag and it is staying at 65 degrees, my house is 75 mid afternoon and mid to low 60s at night. I had a 2 liter in there as well and it was keeping at 59 degrees!!! Had to take it out to get the yeast woke up! Great product for someone like me who moved and no longer has a perfect fermenting room! My old house had a cellar under the basement stairs that stayed 65 to 73 year round.....

image-616104382.jpg

I bought one a few months ago and it exceeds my expectations. I put two frozen smart water bottles in the bag and swap them out twice a day. The internal wort temperature stays in the low 60's. I put 3 bottles in once and the internal temp. was in the high 50's and the yeast went to sleep. Great, inexpensive way to keep fermentation temperatures in the right range for ales. Thanks:mug:

it works great for me. i rotate one bottle in the morning and one at night.
During the first 2 days I rotate a gallon jug to keep it in the low-mid 60's
then days 3-10 i rotate liters, it keeps in around 68.
then i let it go to room temp.
my house temp hovers mid 70s at night, low 80s during the day.
great product for warm climates!
up next i will put in 2 carboys and see how it holds temps for that.

jason91notch said:
Im sure this question has been answered, but has anyone tried heating up their fermenting temps with this bag? For example, I am fermenting a Saison right now that I need to get into the 80's/ low 90's... I was thinking about putting a heating pad in the cool brewing bag with it. Anyone tried this?

Anyone???

Anyone???

Hello,

We have heard great feedback from customers simply adding a few bottles of warm water to raise temperatures instead of ice. Also if left sealed during active fermentation the heat given off will slightly raise temperatures.
Homebrewers have reported success using a fermwrap heater, thermowell stopper and a temperature controller to dial in exact temps they want in very cold environments.

We just caution the use of a heating element as our fermentation cooler's upper material limits are 115 degrees F and our fermentation cooler was not specifically developed to be used in conjunction with a heating element.

Hope this helps!

Ordered one from Morebeer.com... It will be here tomorrow... Can't wait to try it out on my next batch! I will post my review after I get the 2nd fermentation going

I just used mine for the first time and have been delighted with it. With an ambient temp of 66 it got my fermenter to 54 with two frozen half gallon jugs of water. Fantastic!

Anyone tried to cut out in a hole in that CoolBrewing bag for a Peltier-type chiller? That would alleviate the need for the frozen bottles and will effectively provide a "foldable" fridge.

Hey guys,

Just got my cooler bag a few weeks ago and I finally got to try it out. The reason I wanted the bag is A) Where I keep my fermenter a swamp cooler will not fit and I didn't want the mess. B) My man cave is always around 72 F so I needed something to help keep the temp down. C) I've been reading nothing but good things about these cooler bags.

Back to the bag.... For my second batch ever I made a ESB and finally got to try the cooler bag for the first time. I wanted to keep the temp around 64-66 F for the first fermentation... I used two 1 liter frozen water bottles I changed out every 12 hours, 6:30 AM and 6:30 PM. Also I left my blow off tube running to a bucket on the outside. Wrapped a aquarium thermometer in a towel and tape it in the middle of the carboy. I had no problem keeping my target temp range of 64-66 F, I got to 68 one time just because I got home late one night and didn't change out the bottles in time. After the fermentation I used one frozen 20 OZ bottle that I also switch out every 12 hours to maintain 68 F.

This guy works like a charm. I haven't had anybig issues with the bag. If your looking into one then make this a early Christmas present! It doesn't take up much space and it can hold a lot of bottles if needed. Just wanted to give my review on the bag and it's a winner in my book! (Only problem I had was to help with the airlock at the top I had to use a large tall cup to cover the lock. Also I should have used a smaller bucket so that it would fit inside of the bag but even so I didn't have a issue with keeping my target temps)

Back