Video test of Sabco Plate Pro heat exchanger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pants! Great video, though. Wish there was a cheaper gasketed plate chiller available- would love that ability to take my bigass one apart. Do you know the total surface area or size of the individual plates? Also, what's the flow you get out of the wall (chill water)?

Blaaaarg! Where do you people get all this money to buy neat stuff!?

That's what I get for living in coastal SoCal where all my money goes to my mortgage and my stupid HOA.

This thing looks sweet (and for 700 bucks it oughtta be!). Your setup looks really awesome too, and you clearly have a really nice camera as well. Care to donate to the chocotaco "I have to choose between brewing and taking my kids to LegoLand" fund? :mug:

By the time you take that thing apart, and reassemble it, you'll be out 3-4 hours of your day, and, you'll be lucky if it doesn't leak once you are done. Better order a new set of gaskets now before you perform you first disassembly. Ask any brewery about plate chiller cleaning.

Also, breweries rarely disassemble their plate chillers, maybe once a year, and that is if they are on nearly constant brewing cycles. They do however like that they can use caustic and acid to clean them without affecting the "joining metal" of brazed chillers. Also noticed that Sabco says that the gaskets are glued. If you disassemble, order some glue too.

For a homebrewer, $700 is WAY out of line, but I am really impressed that it only cost that much.

On the flip side, I recently installed a B2-23a 30 plate in my rig from Dudadiesel. It works better than my old 40 plate B3-12a. I bake it for 1 hour at 275 in my oven prior to use, and I use a hop screen. After use I clean it with 60psi water (tap) and then oxyclean. It works great, and is a lot smaller than the above mentioned chiller.

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I'm curious how this worked out for you nostalgia. Have you had any issues with take down or leaking after cleaning?

love resurrecting an old thread especially since i am one of the few that use the search function. This plate chiller now goes for over 850- thinking of purchasing one, i notice follow up questions were never answered.... has anyone since able to give feedback?

Back