RIP James Gandolfini

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pratzie

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tip of the hat to The Boss. Gonna have a few home brews in his honor tonight.

James+Gandolfini+james9.jpg

He was an great actor. What a screen presence.

Gandolfini's death for me was a sobering thought.
We are the same age ... similar in the stereotypical way that many Italian guys are, physically, looks, likes, style.

I was talking to my neighbor who looks so much like Gandolfini that he went to a costume party as Tony Soprano. We were talking over the fence and came to the conclusion that Italian-American guys are all like 6th cousins or something - which is why when one of us goes down we all feel it. There but for the grace of God go I ... or as I'm sometimes known to put it, "I could get hit by a comet at any time".

Yep I was really bummed when I heard about him dying. I was hoping for a Sopranos comeback.
From what I heard he was a class act. RIP James...

Time to say goodbye.

Con te Partiro, Andrea Bocelli. Super fans might recognize this song from one of the episodes (Season 2 Episode 4). I loved the show and was much affected by it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcrfvP11Hbo

Not to be too OT but, the Bocelli concert from Portofino Italy was on television a month or so ago ... incredible. The music, the beautiful setting, the beautiful people. Overwhelmed with the feeling that those people at the concert were, as the saying goes, "livin my life". It was so perfect. I was envious.

Con te Partiro is a beautiful song. Bocelli does another great version of it with the operatic soprano Sarah Brightman too.
I really like his version of other opera pieces too.
I didn't see it, but sounds like a perfect choice for music on the Sopranos.

Back