Buzzard Bay--Black Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
So over the weekend I got to sample a few micros from a 'beer of the month' club 12 pack my friend had.

One beer that stuck out was Buzzard Bay's Black Lager.

This was a pretty good brew, I was skeptical because ive never heard of or tried a black lager but this was tasty. I love porter and stout so Im sure thats why it was favorable to my pallate.

A similar beer that reminded me slightly of this style was when I was out east I tried a Yuengling Black and Tan. Not the most classy beer out there but Yuengling is one of my favorite moderately priced lagers....and I cant get it in Minnesota!

Anyone ever had Buzzard Bay brews? Black Lager or anything else?

I have had Kostritzer, Sam Adams & Saranc's examples of the style. Each were very good but the SA version is prb my favorite to date.

New Belgian Brewery has a 1544 Black Lager that is sold along side its fat tire in 22 ozer's --- it is pretty good

I've had both Sam Adam's Black Lager and New Belgium's 1554. I enjoy both of them equally. Black lagers are probably one of my favorite styles; I just wish I had the capability to do lagering cause I'd have schwarzbiers aplenty.

shunoshi said:
I've had both Sam Adam's Black Lager and New Belgium's 1554. I enjoy both of them equally. Black lagers are probably one of my favorite styles; I just wish I had the capability to do lagering cause I'd have schwarzbiers aplenty.

ditto for me

shunoshi said:

possibly after trying a few more brews within the same style i would also be tempted to brew one if i could find a steady cold enough place to do lager

Back