The glasses you use for drinking your brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrodaden

Reaction score
Which of these would you use to drink your brews? It seemed like an obvious choice to me, but my girlfriend disagreed. Fortunately for me, she doesn't pick what I buy for my place.

ecc664b6.jpg

I have about 7 or 8 different styles of glassware depending on the style of beer I am drinking.

Same Here.

Although I do have a bunch of pints kicking around from various places, makes it easy to identify your beer if everyone has their own logo

Sam Adams makes a perfect pint glass. It is in fact perfect. I rarely use anything else. I've even gifted them to friends I trend to drink with the most so that I can utilize the glass when I am over at their place.

20120517_211802.jpg

I like the american on the right, I should, I only have 30 of them. Plus some others bt that is normally what I drink out of.

Sam Adams makes a perfect pint glass. It is in fact perfect. I rarely use anything else. I've even gifted them to friends I trend to drink with the most so that I can utilize the glass when I am over at their place.

So perfect it even holds the beer when you tip it 90-degrees ... :D

after buying nonic imperial pints, i won't ever go back to the 'american pint' glasses (except for the rare mixed drink) for my ales
kolsch will be drank out of kolsch glasses, belgians/barleywines out of a snifter

Now that a few people have weighed in....

I rarely ever am successful in fitting an entire bottle of beer into a standard pint. If I do, it has a suckish head or is likely to get sloshed out when I stumble into someone.

I like having a little empty space at the top of my glass.

My local albertson's had tons of duvel glasses for a buck a piece. I bought ten of them.

I know they're meant for a specific style, but I like them for everything!
glass_duvel1.jpg

Hey I guess that depends on how stressful my work day was???

Ahhh seriously I worked at a bar in college I have a freezer full of glassware, I use it because I've had it for years and it was free.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

My wife and I collect a pint glass from each brewery we visit. We've got a lot of standard American pints, but if they have an imperial nonick pint that's the one I get and that's the one that gets the most use. I've also got a really nice crystal Deschutes tulip I use for Belgians, barleywines, and imperial stouts.

Ahhh seriously I worked at a bar in college I have a freezer full of glassware, I use it because I've had it for years and it was free.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

Frozen glasses? Don't like tasting that delicious beer your worked so hard to make eh?

My least favorite glasses in my collection are the ones like the OP's picture on the right. Partly due to not taking them into consider when building my tap box. They're too tall for my taps, but also because they don't fit very well in the cupboards. I prefer a Tulip, my TapRoom galsses, a Sam Adams, and then an American Pint.

IMG_0705.jpg

I have my options, and chose based on beer style or volume that the glass holds. I also have a separate cupboard filled with pint glasses, and a shelf next to my main kegerator stocked with pint glasses.

We have a whole display cabinet full of beer glasses we have acquired, mostly through pint nights (buy the beer, keep the glass). We also have half a kitchen cabinet full of more glasses. We are quickly running out of room but can't help ourselves. We are going to have to buy a second display cabinet just to have room for the future. Most are pint glasses but we have all kinds of goblets, snifters, chalices, etc. but we normally use the pint glasses.

IMG_0475-1.jpg

Freezing all your glassware?:eek:

I try to get one or two of every shape and size. Sometimes I choose them on how I feel, sometimes I choose them on the style of beer. My 3 favorites right now are a 10 oz Glass Stein from the South Pacific my Sister gave me (its just fun), a LARGE Thistle glass goblet (great for nice beers that need some air), and my Martin Luther Sin Boldly Pint glass.

We have a cabinet full of 16oz beer glasses from a lot of different breweries since we live by a bar with 48 taps and they give them to us for free, but I always use these Sam Adams' glasses for any IPA/Pale/Lager I drink. They are the best glass you can use for these types. For heavier porter/stoudts I use a snifter type glass.

For fathers day I was givin a big hand crafted mug from the local arts festival. It's not like pottery, it has a more coarse texture (you can see the texture on the bottom, and the rest of the mug is glazed) and it is kiln fired. It appeals to the primal beer drinker in me. Oh, and it holds 25oz. Even better!

Ive been looking for the big schooner style glasses. They look like giant glass goblets. Anyone know where to pick some of those up at?

IMG_0475-1.jpg

I don't use frosty mugs. The frost melts into the beer and it makes the beer too cold to enjoy the various flavors.

Very nice Pilsner - but not large enough (gotta find something to complain about).
Monkey-bath.jpg

and number two...my "go to" a Georgie Schooner NewCastle glass = just right! Here it is holding a hydrometer sample.
IMG_0060.jpg

I really like the nonic pint glasses, but dont' always want to drink an imperial pints worth. I really like the nonic pint glasses that Russian River serves as it feels about like 16oz, but I haven't been able to find any for sale yet.

I have a pretty good selection of pint glasses, imperial nonics, tulips and wheat beer glasses

Back