Durham, NC Brewfest '07

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this thread late but I am going. The wife and I went in 2005. Last year we stayed local and went to the Charlotte Oktoberfest but I like the Durham festival a lot better. It's less than two weeks away!

The afterparty will be at The Flying Saucer (Downtown Raleigh) and then on to The Village Draft House (Cameron Village) for dinner and more beer.

http://village.mydrafthouse.com/WhatsonTap/tabid/619/Default.aspx

NCHomebrewer and Prof. Frink: If you want to join up with us we'd love to meet you. PM me your cell phone numbers. Remember, we're all going to the 12-4 session.
Jeff

Damn, I'm going to the evening session, I had to hedge my bets in case the SWMBO had to work during the day. If the after party is still going on late, maybe I'll meet up with you guys.

Anyone know any pet friendly hotels near the festival? Anyone interested in the discounted room at the host hotel (Millenium)? We may have to bring our dog...

Nate said:
Anyone know any pet friendly hotels near the festival? Anyone interested in the discounted room at the host hotel (Millenium)? We may have to bring our dog...

You mean we get to meet the actual Jackie Boy? What an honor!

Focus said:
You mean we get to meet the actual Jackie Boy? What an honor!

Possibly. :) Poor dogger is 14 1/2 now and starting to struggle a little so we're trying to bring him. He basically needs more attention than the kennel can give him.

As much as we'd like to go to the Wilmington brewfest, we're gonna have to pass. We've got a bike trip in the works and the free weekends are filling up fast.
Jeff

It looks like the Best Western on I-70 in Durham is ok with dogs, looks like they have some rooms left for saturday night.

Professor Frink said:
It looks like the Best Western on I-70 in Durham is ok with dogs, looks like they have some rooms left for saturday night.

Appreciate it...

So are we all set?

I have Boston's # and he has mine. Anyone else that we need to get telephonic contact with?

Based on my 15 min early showtime last time, I missed 45 min of beer drinkin', so we're planning on showing at 1115. Anybody got good directions from the east? We'll be coming up I-40 into Raleigh.

Focus

Dude said:
SWMBO and I will be in line at 11. Boston, you have my number. Everyone--meet up with me and jump in line with us.

You da man.

Beth and I will be there ~ 11:00 on the first base side, same as last year.

Dude, what's the weather forecast?

Boston said:
Beth and I will be there ~ 11:00 on the first base side, same as last year.

Dude, what's the weather forecast?

OMFG--you actually ahve a SWMBO? And we might get to actually meet this SWMBO? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather = mid 80's, cloudy, muggy.

Might be too hot for beer related work shirts this year. I'm still wearing an Iron Orr brewery work shirt though. ;)

Is everyone heading to the saucer right after the 'fest?
I am trying to convince SWMBO to come up and meet you.

Dude said:
OMFG--you actually ahve a SWMBO? And we might get to actually meet this SWMBO? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weather = mid 80's, cloudy, muggy.

Might be too hot for beer related work shirts this year. I'm still wearing an Iron Orr brewery work shirt though. ;)

Yes, I have a SWMBO and she can't wait to meet you. She wants to find out for herself if you're as big a ********* as I've made you out to be.

joebou4860 said:
Is everyone heading to the saucer right after the 'fest?
I am trying to convince SWMBO to come up and meet you.

So your SWMBO wants to meet Dude, too? SWMBO and I will be at the Saucer ~ 5 PM, I'm not positive what everyone else's plans are. I'll be wearing a Miller High Life brewery worker shirt and a Red Sox cap. Tall, exceedingly good looking.

Boston said:
So your SWMBO wants to meet Dude, too? SWMBO and I will be at the Saucer ~ 5 PM, I'm not positive what everyone else's plans are. I'll be wearing a Miller High Life brewery worker shirt and a Red Sox cap. Tall, exceedingly good looking.
Do you want him to find you or not???

I'll probably try and hit the Saucier with you guys.

So your SWMBO wants to meet Dude, too? SWMBO and I will be at the Saucer ~ 5 PM, I'm not positive what everyone else's plans are. I'll be wearing a Miller High Life brewery worker shirt and a Red Sox cap. Tall, exceedingly good looking.[/QUOTE]

Short ugly guy in a sox hat. got it.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Do you want him to find you or not???

I'll probably try and hit the Saucier with you guys.

Billy...

Get a hold of me tomorrow before you head to the saucer. Maybe we can just ride together.....

DAMN, I wish I was going.

-walker

Walker-san said:
Billy...

Get a hold of me tomorrow before you head to the saucer. Maybe we can just ride together.....

DAMN, I wish I was going.

-walker
Well, I'm riding...you're driving. Or if you want, we can take my truck and you and Dude can ride in the back for old time's sake.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Well, I'm riding...you're driving. Or if you want, we can take my truck and you and Dude can ride in the back for old time's sake.

Hmmmm.... back of your truck or cockpit of the lexus.....

Let me sleep on it.

Uggggghhhhhhh. Me tired and sore.
That was a huge day. Great fun. Great friends, old and new. Thanks, everyone, Beth and I had a freakin' blast.....a WICKED PISSAH time! (I can say that)
I hope everyone made it home safely.
Jeff

EDIT: Front page article in this morning's News & Observer
http://www.newsobserver.com/689/story/728915.html

Yes, another successful brew fest! We met up with yet another cool HBT'er. joebue43967395428 and SWMBO were awesome, and of course it was great to see the rest of the crew too. Walker and BeeGee--thanks for meeting up with us afterwards. Boston, thanks for the bar goodies--I will use them with pride. It was also awesome to finally meet the elusive SWMBO!!!!!

So sorry we missed the after party. We had to go back to the hotel to take care of the dog. After only getting about 5 hours sleep the night before and having a few too many samples, a "quick nap" before heading back out was a mistake... woke up several hours later. It was great seeing everyone again though.

Nate said:
So sorry we missed the after party. We had to go back to the hotel to take care of the dog. After only getting about 5 hours sleep the night before and having a few too many samples, a "quick nap" before heading back out was a mistake... woke up several hours later. It was great seeing everyone again though.

That same thing happened to us a year and a half ago--no prob mate. It was good seeing you guys again!

We REALLY need to hit the Leaf one of these nights. Ill see what our schedule is in the next few weeks.

Dude said:
That same thing happened to us a year and a half ago--no prob mate. It was good seeing you guys again!

We REALLY need to hit the Leaf one of these nights. Ill see what our schedule is in the next few weeks.

Sounds like a plan... mug nights are always fun (Sundays). Let us know.

Tragedy. We just realized that we apparently left our festival bag somewhere on the trip... this included several shirts that we bought at the festival and our beer glasses. If anyone would be willing to sell one of their sample glasses to keep our collection going, we'd be most appreciative.

I'll mail one to ya on Monday.

Nate said:
Tragedy. We just realized that we apparently left our festival bag somewhere on the trip... this included several shirts that we bought at the festival and our beer glasses. If anyone would be willing to sell one of their sample glasses to keep our collection going, we'd be most appreciative.

Back