giving this a shot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preliator

Reaction score
well while I have the Apfelwine in the primary and I am waiting. my cousin and I decided to give a 1 gallon batch of mead a shot. I found this recipe over at www.gotmead.com
I have a question though, can I substitute the red star cote de blanc(1 packet) with red star Montrachet yeast ? i think it will be okay a bit dryer with a higher abv if i am understanding this right...please let me know what you think

Viking Thunder Cinnful Cyser recipe from Viking Thunder @gotmead.com

4 cinn sticks
3 lbs apiary fresh clover honey
1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 teaspoon pectic enzyme
fill 1 gallon with organic tree of life apple juice

red star cote de blanc(1 packet)

heated apple juice enough to mix in honey, added everything else and shook the crap out of it for several minutes.

sg 1.12 might have still beem a hair above room temp

If it comes out too dry you can add potassium sorbate to inhibit further yeast activity, then add table sugar to taste

thanks for the input fatboy, i just put this Cyser together on 12/23/06 and its burping away at about 38 bpm's.....it took off out of the gate like wildfire too and was closer to 60-70 bpm's within 4 hours of pitching but has now melowed a bit. i am going to give it till its 1 bpm before i rack it over and get it off all that sediment and allow some time to clear, from there i will figure any of the finnings i may need.
this the second thing i am brewing up first was apfelwine which has been going nicely @ 1bpm for a couple days now....racked that over on 12/22/06 after it burped like mad for 12 days......ill keep ya posted
thanks again
anthony

Latest posts

Back