What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter. Aroma is of bitter chocolate. Flavor is a little roasted, a little more chocolate. Fairly dry. Mine came from a clear bottle, but I don't detect any off flavors.

Broke in the new Bevmo (not literally) last week.

I just finished a bomber of Alaskan Smoked Porter.
Workin on Dogfish head Punkin.

This is the 1st Pumpkin Ale that I can drink. Not sickly sweet and I can see through it (not pulpy).

Ize said:
I've never had it, what did you think?

Ize

This being my first smoked beer, I was impressed how robust the smoke flavor was. It really broke down a wall, like there was a BBQ rack o Ribs coming my way.

Red Hook IPA. Not too good. I'm drinking a bottle of my own IPA along with it, and mine is better by far.

I've heard about their ESB being pretty good, but I have a sixer of this IPA, and I almost feel like giving it away.

desiderata said:
Red Hook IPA. Not too good. I'm drinking a bottle of my own IPA along with it, and mine is better by far.

I've heard about their ESB being pretty good, but I have a sixer of this IPA, and I almost feel like giving it away.

At 8 o'clock in the morning? You are hard core.

Just got back from the Seahawks game and have to console myself after losing to San Francisco. Drinking a Cantillon Classic Gueuze. I just love this stuff! Tart, acidic, I'll sleep better tonight.

Brewtopia said:
Just got back from the Seahawks game and have to console myself after losing to San Francisco. Drinking a Cantillon Classic Gueuze. I just love this stuff! Tart, acidic, I'll sleep better tonight.

were you one of the 40,000 that left early? :D

were you one of the 40,000 that left early?
No I stuck it out even with the threat of 60mph winds. Now I'm starting to get a little worried, we have San Diego on the 24th and then we go to Tampa Bay. The 49ers have to lose.

Wow, I just finished a GREAT beer. Our realtor gave me a sampler pack of worldly brews on the day we closed on our house, and I hadn't tried any of them until tonight. One was a "celebration ale" from a japanese brewery called Kiuchi.

I did not have high expectations for this, considering the label says "Ale brewed with spices and vanilla beans (coriander, orange peel, nutmeg, and cinnamon)"

Wow. It is a Belgian style ale but it is kicked up a notch on the hops. I'd guess it has about 30-40 IBUs and obviously a Belgian yeast. It totally kicked ass. 9% alcohol too.

I'm glad she bought me 2 of them.

This is all I could find on it but damn if you guys see this, I recommend it.

http://kodawari.cc/engpage/kodawari/html/celebration_ale_2005.htm

That sounds great. I have only had the White and Red Rice Ale.Would love to try the Celebration. I work across the street from a great Asian market in Seattle called Uwajimaya Grocery. I'll have to see if they carry it.

right now a winter ale from good ole Sam.

But earlier... oh eariler... i finally tried Sierra Nevada Celebration. love.

I also bought a six of a dogfish head shelter pale ale, but I only had one and didn't let go of the celebration. it actually had some sour notes to it though (the dogfish that is) i didn't get a real toasty or earthy feel to it. maybe it was the molasses flavors that kicked it in that direction for me?i will definitely have to try another bottle or two to get a good grip on it.

no degredation to dogfish, but the celebration ale was a party in my mouth.

One of the finest Scottish ales ever to grace the hand of man... homebrew of course. :D

Just got home from Collins Pub where I was drinking Avery Salvation, Walking Man Black Cherry Stout and Boundary Bay IPA. Just finished Evets' Saison. Very nice beer. Smooth, slightly sweet with a nice spicy Belgian finish. Now I am clearing my pallet with a Session from Full Sail. http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/session.cfm?CFID=2335352&CFTOKEN=49758756 Great Premium Lager and my fallback beer after a night of drinking.

I am finishing off the last of my baltic porter...down to the last 4 22s. I am definitely going to have to brew this one again as it has received some really good feedback around my beer geek circle. Commercially I have Weyerbacher's Merry Monks & Blithering Idiot, DFH 90 minute and the last bottle of Bell's Two Hearted :(

I've started on the hard stuff tonight, switching to beer later. I have a Mt. Dew and Crown much to the Chairman's chagrin, but I say, don't knock it til ya try it.

We are hosting our works' Christmas party this evening. I have the kegerator out and ready to serve Pumpkin porter and Pliny the Bastid as well. Should be a killer night.

Right now I'm having a Bell's Porter, with a couple of Fuller's ESB's sitting around in the fridge on standby. (all crimp tops. I'm on a bottle harvesting mission here).

Ashamed to admit that I'm polishing off a Bud Light can (walked over at a friend's place...he swears by it...and I won't turn down free beer...even BMC). Will be opening a Saranac Caramel Porter soon, though (thanks to my Secret Santa...whose identity is still a secret!). I'll probably finish the night off with a chilled Macallan 12 year.

My "Fat Tire" clone. I think I had about 2 too many but since my wife has to work tonight who cares. OMG this beer is good. It goes down way to easy.

I think I'm 3/4 S$%@ faced. :mug:

Tonight we're drinking another beer from Brewtopia (thanks again, by the way!). It's called Green Flash Brewing Company West Coast IPA, from San Diego. It's awesome! The bitterness sticks with your tongue for a while, and the aftertaste is slightly citrus-y. This is a great beer!

Since I'm about 2000 miles from the west coast, does anyone know if there is anything similar available in the midwest?

Lorena

Never posted in this thread but what the heck. A nice vodka martini with blue-cheese stuffed olives. So good I think I'll have another!
:drunk:

PS - I'll wash it down with a Weizenbock. Can someone write me a note for work tomorrow please!

Toot said:
Right now I'm drinking some homebrew that I swapped with pshavet.

It tastes alright, but it's got this really weird aftertaste....

Where's that vomiting smiley ;).

I'm drinking Fat Squirrel from New Glarus, sent to me from Wisconsin from Sauce. It's very similar to my Desert Brown, just about the same amount of nuttiness. Mine is just a little darker in color. Good stuff. Thanks Sauce.

Had my first Samuel Adams Lager last night. Very tasty - now I see what you lot (i.e. the people across the big pond) are going on about.
Also had some Warstiener and a Hoegaarden. On call so can't drink too much - roll on Monday!!!

In honor of the beer I'm brewing (Saddam Hussein Ale), I'm drinking it's inspiration - Dead Guy Ale.

Is the name for my brew too inappropriate? I don't like the guy one bit, but he's been the world's leading bad guy for quite some time. I mean - his execution is one of those "Where were you when it happened" moments.

That's funny, I was contemplating calling my belgian brewing right now unofficially "Saddam's Dead Dubbel"

Since I finished off the Fat Squirrel, Ive been hitting the kegerator.

First some Desert Brown to compare to the Fat Squirrel...

Then some Smoked Porter...

Now some Wagner Weizen...

Next??? :)

Toot said:
I'm drinking....

Yes I am.
Lucky bugger. Have one for me please. I have 11 hours to go before I can crack one (11pm) - on call :mad:
Something dark and strong please (in memory of Mr James Brown).

Fred from the Wood - Hair of the Dog Brewing Company. Portland Oregon.
I love this beer! It is the 2006 vintage so still tastes very young with the oak flavors quite dominant. I have had this beer after it has been aged for a few years and it definitely develops some wonderful vaniila notes from the wood. A Strong Golden Ale at 10% ABV aged in new American oak barrels for 6 months.

I take it that it was a good beer!:mug:

Nevermind that I never made it myself...:D. You should name it b4b's Leftover Kolsch. What was that recipe I gave you? Maybe I should make it soon. :)

b4b, I just found the recipe, and I can easily convert it to all-grain. I'll brew it up soon, maybe to replace the hefeweizen in my kegerator.

Latest posts

Back