You're an alcoholic if...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerFun

Reaction score
You drink up a 5 gallon batch (Coopers Dark Ale) before it has been one week since you botteled it. Started to like it after four days, and now there aren't many bottles left :/

Got another one going though. ;)

Nah, that means you're a total newb and a beer pedophile. (Also a criminal in some circles.) :) That's why they say the best beer of any batch is the last one.

Nah, that means you're a total newb and a beer pedophile. (Also a criminal in some circles.) :) That's why they say the best beer of any batch is the last one.

I just love beer. Never heard the description "beer pedophile". Got a bad feeling about it...

you've already discovered the punishment for it. The realization that the beer is just getting good and its almost gone. It is always fun anyway.

Im guilty of drinking the young ones to................There are those that have and those that lie about it.

I'm not saying I haven't sampled an underage beer or two but I'm at the point now where I have a keg that's been charged and on tap for 5 weeks now and I haven't even filled the line with it. I looked at the tap tonight and decided to wait until Sunday for the Eagles opener to pull my first pint.

I'm not saying I haven't sampled an underage beer or two but I'm at the point now where I have a keg that's been charged and on tap for 5 weeks now and I haven't even filled the line with it. I looked at the tap tonight and decided to wait until Sunday for the Eagles opener to pull my first pint.

Not your first batch I belive. :p

;) I have 6 other taps to choose from. (Kind of makes it easy to wait a while.) I am thoroughly enjoying my ESB tonight.

;) I have 6 other taps to choose from. (Kind of makes it easy to wait a while.) I am thoroughly enjoying my ESB tonight.

Hehe what can I say other than COOL! :=)

Have you built a room for all your kegs and a bar next to it?

Not the exact word you were looking for I believe, but I like it a lot. Carbohydration: The act of drinking enough beer to satisfy your craving for carbs.

Yeah, I like it.

Ohok, hehe my pleasure. :p What word am I looking for? I have forgot. :/

The cure for beer pedophilia... pipeline! More beer in bottles/kegs = longer lasting.

The bar is upstairs with two taps. Downstairs I have a huge reach in fridge that can hold about 30 kegs and another 10 cases of beer. I have 5 taps in there.

(Carbonation (kinda like the U.S. - "Carbo-Nation"):))

The bar is upstairs with two taps. Downstairs I have a huge reach in fridge that can hold about 30 kegs and another 10 cases of beer. I have 5 taps in there.

(Carbonation (kinda like the U.S. - "Carbo-Nation"):))

Hehe your friends love you I bet. ;) My liver is overworked as it is. A setup like that would kill me. ;)

Carbohydrate then? Hehe.

Having ten batches fermenting would be nice yes :) Got a cellar full of rubbish. Would nice to make a room there for my beer. :)

Most I have ever had going at once was 2 carboys of hefeweizen, 1 carboys of stout, 1 carboys of bourbon oaked porter and 2 carboys of raspberry mead. Plus 2 kegs on tap. Then I got lazy and didnt brew.
The hefe was delicious and gone in 2 weeks, stout was gone in a month. Porter aged for 3 months then I gave most of it away it was so good. and the mead was horrid. dumped after 13 months.
Brew often, Brew good. That is the neverending pipeline!

Most I have ever had going at once was 2 carboys of hefeweizen, 1 carboys of stout, 1 carboys of bourbon oaked porter and 2 carboys of raspberry mead. Plus 2 kegs on tap. Then I got lazy and didnt brew.
The hefe was delicious and gone in 2 weeks, stout was gone in a month. Porter aged for 3 months then I gave most of it away it was so good. and the mead was horrid. dumped after 13 months.
Brew often, Brew good. That is the neverending pipeline!

Sounds nice. Having just one brew fermenting is boring. :)

Im guilty of drinking the young ones to................There are those that have and those that lie about it.

Lol, I tend to hide them in the cellar and go down to have one once in a while, sometimes I restrain them if there's something wrong with them, . . . .no,. . . disgusting habit, someone should lock me up.

Wow, twisted thread we have here!:drunk:

He He.. Ive sampled the underage beers to and i must say there
not that bad i kinda like the young taste sometime. :drunk:

I guess I have the advantage of not being a big "beer drinker". I love a good beer.... with the emphasis on the "a". I think I'm enjoying the brewing process and the whole Mr. Wizard aspect of it more than the actual beer. I'm sure as I develop this hobby that I'll also develop friends who are more than willing to help me dispense of my "old beer". I'm probably bigtime in the minority, being someone who loves beer but isn't an "everyday" beer drinker. When I drink beer its usually 1 "bomber" size beer, or 1 or two 12oz beers, or a single pint at a pub. If I want to get rip roaring, stumbling, yeehaw drunk I resort to other fermented beverages.

(I can honestly say I have never once been "drunk" on beer in my life. I just can't drink enough of it to get there! Buzzed plenty, but never drunk)

Latest posts

Back