How to get og,fg from custom recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecto311

Reaction score
I am going to be making another batch tonight and I was wondering how to figure out the gravity readings with no set rules to go by?

I went to my local brew shop and they gave me 7lbs of malt, peach extract, hops, priming sugar, and yeast. I did download beersmith but do not see where to input my specific ingredients to get any results from the program.

Thanks for any help.

I am going to be making another batch tonight and I was wondering how to figure out the gravity readings with no set rules to go by?

I went to my local brew shop and they gave me 7lbs of malt, peach extract, hops, priming sugar, and yeast. I did download beersmith but do not see where to input my specific ingredients to get any results from the program.

Thanks for any help.

If you use beersmith, and you put in the 7 pounds of extract and click "extract brew", you'll get a pretty good projected OG for your batch size.

Man you learn a lot from a tiny bit of information. I found the receipt from the stuff I got and found out (by reading the help file) how to enter it into beer smith. This program is great. Thanks for the info. I was thinking that this program would do it but after poking around I couldn't find it. Too bad they don't have an iphone app for when I go to the supply shop.

Back