One Tap Acting Up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Iv'e got one tap that is pouring mostly foam, the rest are fine:

1. It's worked well in the past.

2. My serving pressure/temp and hose length/diameter are good.

3. The beer was forced carbed at serving pressure just like all my other brews, so I know it's not overcarbed.

4. This particular tap is different from my other two, but as I said, I've never had this problem with it.

Any ideas?

Do your gas lines have separate regulators, or are they all off one manifold or splitter?

If you switch your beer lines around, does the problem follow the keg or stay with the one tap?

Do your gas lines have separate regulators, or are they all off one manifold or splitter?

If you switch your beer lines around, does the problem follow the keg or stay with the one tap?

One regulator, the tap has worked well till now, but I don't remember what was in the keg last so I can't say there.

I connect the freshly filled corny at serving pressure, which for me is about 11 psi @ 40 deg F, and wait a week. Gives my beer some extra time to mature, while perfectly carbing it, and not risking overcarbing.

I will try cleaning out the tap when I get a chance, and see if that helps.

Back