Oregon Puree in syrup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crayfish

Reaction score
Hello,

Was gonna do a cherry ale and saw that my grocery store had the Oregon fruit purees but they have "heavy syrup" (just cherries, sugar, and water in the ingredients). Anyone see a problem adding some of those to the primary or secondary? The cans are small but I don't recall how many ounces. I plan on using 3.5 lbs of fresh bing cherries too. I want it to taste pretty strong of cherries.

Thanks in advance!

Several people have used these products. They are high quality fruits but be aware of how much fruit you are buying. The fruit content is right on the label. And also the fruit is not puree but whole fruits. The sugar syrup in the can will just raise the OG of your beer.

The larger cans of Oregon fruit puree you can get from a HBS is 100% fruit, and pureed. This is a good source of fruit for adding to beer or wine.

Craig

Thanks Craig. I failed to mention my LHBS does not have the Oregon purees. Thats why I was asking about these.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back