What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada northen hemisphere harvest. I've got a trip planned to the Sierra Nevada brewery planned in a few weeks, can't wait to taste this straight from the source. THANKS FOR NOT ENDING WORLD!!

image-3400587463.jpg

Tonight was special for me, first beer in over a month!!!

So I had a home brew amber ale, Samhain pumpkin ale, and an Avery Kaiser.

My first ever Founders. All I have to say is wow. This stuff rocks!!! I will definitely be making a clone attempt at this. Super tasty. Lots of chocolate with just enough roasted malt and coffee flavors.

A HUGE thanks to Ed for getting this out to Cali for me. Cheers!!

That's an amazing stout, Founder's makes some awesome beers.

Channel66 said:
Strong Columbian coffee. French press the key is properly maintaining your mash temperature.

I love French pressed coffee but I stopped making it all the time when I came across a study showing it contains some of the most potent cholesterol raising compounds known to man. Basically any coffee that isn't run through a paper filter has them. Now I want a cup though haha.

mcbaumannerb said:
Merry Christmas to me! Not for now, but should get through it by Christmas night (except for the 2nd vertical epic that I'm going to cellar)

Mmmmmm......Wookey Jack. The first beer that left me speechless after the first sip.

image-2026962521.jpg

The bar down the block from my LHBS has 2 for 1 until 7. I have my grains stuffed in my saddlebags and my dry yeast in my jacket pocket.

Mmmmmm......Wookey Jack. The first beer that left me speechless after the first sip.

Seems like people really like this beer. Im a big fan of their Union and Double jack, but the whole dark, or black IPA thing for me just doesnt work. Was not a big fan of the Wookey. Maybe I need to try it again and make sure haha. More research indeed! :ban:

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Seems like people really like this beer. Im a big fan of their Union and Double jack, but the whole dark, or black IPA thing for me just doesnt work. Was not a big fan of the Wookey. Maybe I need to try it again and make sure haha. More research indeed! :ban:

What was it that you didn't like about it specifically? It is also a rye beer, but I thought the dark malts were very subdued. Almost no roast character at all. It absolutely reeked of pungent Columbus hops though, and I know some people aren't fond of them.

St. Austell Proper Job IPA.

Pretty tasteless, no hoppy aromatics, no head retention, under-carbonated.

It's a shame really; the beer in a production sense is fine; no off-flavours (well, maybe a little out of place yeasty character), well balanced, a little sweet. They really just need to wang a few more hops in at end of boil and dry hop to add some flavour, aroma and head retention.

Here's the vacation cellar stash. I'll keep one of the 17s and the Chimay for some extended aging though. Also got the rest of my Ballast Point Sculpin 6er in the fridge.
image-2093502636.jpg

image-1870212596.jpg

Sweetwater 420. The guys from Sweetwater were at this bar yesterday and told them if anyone wants to try it, give them one on them. I love free beer.

Unless you're a mouse, I'm not sure I'd worry about one study too much.:D

I love French pressed coffee but I stopped making it all the time when I came across a study showing it contains some of the most potent cholesterol raising compounds known to man. Basically any coffee that isn't run through a paper filter has them. Now I want a cup though haha.

TNGabe said:
Unless you're a mouse, I'm not sure I'd worry about one study too much.:D

Haha, this one was done on people. There's a few studies out there about it. I found a bitchin drip machine which makes it easier to make day to day anyway. Still break out the French press every now and then though.

I bought a Sample Pack of Dundee - it has an IPA, Porter, English Style, and a Nut Brown.

Overall its not bad but its not great. I was disappointed that they weren't pop off tops as I need more bottles.

image-2721980417.jpg

Cigar City Maduro. Awesome brown ale. My tab is $18 for 2 rye pale ales, 2 sweetwater 420, 2 Jai-alai, and 2 Maduro's.

Back