Apfelwein trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrappler

Reaction score
I made a batch of edworts apfelwein on 06/04/09 and the OG was 1.064. On 6/14/2009 my gravity was 1.010 and I took another sample today and my gravity read 1.064 wtf? :eek: I know it fermented and I know I read my hydrometer right. I don't know what is going on. Anybody have any answer I am baffled, I tasted it and it was quite good.

Sounds like someone sneaked in, in the middle of the night and added a whole lot of stuff to your fermenter, either that or one of your readings was wrong.

im confused as all hell. It was bubbling away for a week or two straight maybe one of my readings was skewed.

Sounds like someone sneaked in, in the middle of the night and added a whole lot of stuff to your fermenter, either that or one of your readings was wrong.

I actually LOLed on that! I just got this mental pic of the underpants gnomes from southpark monkeying with his apfelwein.
:D

Ok guys im gonna take another sample tomorrow and see if I somehow messed up, thats a good possibility.

I tested another sample today and it tested at .996..looks good how do u let it age?

Back