Sanyo SR-4310W & crisper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Dan-

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am thinking about converting my Sanyo SR-4310W into a kegerator but was unsure about the built-in crisper. Here is the -> Link <-.

Obviously I would have to take out the crisper to fit the keg. Any ideas how the wiring, etc. looks like? Can I just take it out or do I have to pay attention to the compressor or anything?

Thanks!

It's hard to tell from the pic, but if it's like most crispers its just a drawer that slides out. You can build a wood platform just above the hump in the back and then use the area below for bottle storage.

Based on the exterior dimensions, I'm willing to bet that you're gonna have to remove the freezer compartment as well if you're planning on using it for 5 gallon cornies.

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if maybe the OP ever went through with this? I ask since I can get one of these fridges pretty cheap but won't bother if it's an overly complicated conversion.

I recently bought one cheap and I folded the crisper down. It was a pain because of the flaps which fit in the side grooves, but with a little gentle bending and wiggling I was able to get it down. It seems to work fine so far. Go SLOW and it should work out.

I would also like to have the CO2 tank outside, but I don't have a user manual and I'm worried about cutting through a line by drilling a hole. Anyone know where it's safe to drill a small hole (side or back)?

I am also thinking about buying this fridge cheap and was wondering what type of tap to put on it. Out of the door or out of the top? This is my first experience with making a kegerator and I am hoping it goes well.

Back