Show us your panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good, I like the box, you could mount that to the rig

curious how the inside looks though, what were you able to cram into there?

That's another story, it will be real tight!!! I plan on starting that next week, i add some updated photos. Here is the rig it will mount too.

image-1240508405.jpg

just finished up a couple weeks ago myself, I did a couple things differently than most Ive seen

1 - the timer kills power to boil element if that is set on one of the switches
2 - the gfci breaker is in the control box

front.jpg

guts.jpg

spare fuses taped to the inside of the control panel door. you, sir, are my hero
95598d1358727626-show-us-your-panel-guts.jpg

Ha, I thought it never hurts to be prepared, eventually Id like to have a small pocket for them, but haven't really looked hard enough for something yet

It uses a combination of lasers, holographic panels, and virtual reality.

Wait. No. It was actually much easier than that, and I made it all myself. Here's the basic write-up.

I can answer any questions you have on that thread, to keep from stalling this one.

BadNews...is that black keggle painted? It looks too shiney to be one of the rubber coated ones. I would love shiny black keggles to match my black brewstand!

Yes indeed - a few coats of black BBQ paint. Didn't have the patience for polishing. PM me for some lessons learned.

Here is my panel, I am better at engineering than I am at taking pictures:
HMI_Front22JAN.jpg

And the inside, some wires need to be straightened out once development is done:
HMI_Inside22JAN.jpg

Details and build progress are here.

Hardware build is 95% complete, just software remaining.

I may never see anything more amazing in my entire life...

You, sir, are impressive! :rockin:

Newly revamped panel for indoor brewing. PLC based using a Siemens S7-200 controller with DC input/output, 4-channel t/c, and 2-channel RTD modules, along with OP7 HMI. Also features Omega water meter for accurate filling and two 240VAC and two 120VAC receptacles controlled by SSRs for heating elements & heatsticks.

Panel_Rt.jpg

Pnl_Out_Lft2.jpg

Pnl_In.jpg

Do you have a link to more information on this and how you tied it all in?

Bought the 1/2" pulse meter several years ago from Omega (they've gone up a lot since then):
http://www.omega.com/pptst/FTB4600.html

Paired it with a 1/2" solenoid valve from ebay. Wired the signal input to the PLC and used it to drive a counter. The meter gives 151.4 pulses/gallon--just enter the # of gallons desired, calculate how many pulses that is, set the counter and turn on the solenoid valve. Turns off automatically when count is reached. I usually have it do a 1/2 gallon priming fill or so when the filter is dry. After that, it's pretty accurate--just hook up a hose with a U-shaped wand that I can hang over the side of the HLT or MLT and filling is a breeze.

Really any counter would work (Omega sells one)--you'd just have to do the math yourself to set the counter preset. I used to use an Allen-Bradley smart relay (Pico) for that purpose and other controls on my previous system.

HLT_Fill.jpg

Newly revamped panel for indoor brewing. PLC based using a Siemens S7-200 controller with DC input/output, 4-channel t/c, and 2-channel RTD modules, along with OP7 HMI. Also features Omega water meter for accurate filling and two 240VAC and two 120VAC receptacles controlled by SSRs for heating elements & heatsticks.

I have no idea what you just said, but looks impressive. :)

I'm sure most of you have seen Kal's design... I built the 50 Amp Back to Back panel. Waterjet cut the panel door openings. Spent about two weeks in the evenings after work wiring it all up... one circuit at a time! Built in a 16x20 enclosure.

2012-11-10%2013.13.40.jpg

Brewery.jpg

Just finished wiring and painting this.

That is amazing.
I was thinking about wrapping my panel with a vinyl but pain is great!

I think my next panel will look very steampunk. Have analog meters to measure power output and temp with a bcs brain. I have a single project I keep thinking about that it might work perfect for.

This is my plan for my eHLT/BIAB setup, taken from Auber's website. Has the layout I want, except I'll be adding an e-stop. I'm expecting to make control panel purchases over the next two paydays.

WOW this looks exactly like what I want to build. Are there plans and part list anywhere? I tried to search Aubers site for a description of this build but didn't find anything.

Is there anyone out there that has used a large microwaveable Tupperware container as an enclosure? I've got those lying around and could shave $40 on my build costs with it. My thought is it could handle the heat seeing as it's microwaveable and holds food being heated to temps quite high.

Let me know your thoughts.

BTW, these builds are pretty amazing!

Back