Haier wine refrigerator BC112G - bad compressor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonNowlin

Reaction score
Just got a Haier BC112G from CL for $25 to use as a fermentation chamber. Supposedly the thermostat was broken - unit wasn't cooling. My plan was to bypass the internal thermostat and use the Ranco. After jumping the compressor wire and hooking it up to the external thermostat, the unit still doesn't get cool...but the compressor sure does get hot. My guess is bad/leaking compressor. Anyone have experience or input on e problem?

And that's my problem. I'm good with changing out relays and other electrical issues...but dealing with refrigerant (purging/charging) is beyond my capacity. Is it worth paying to get it repaired or do I now just have a sexy looking old school chamber that I'll have to use frozen bottles with?

If you check around your talking only a couple of ozs of 134a which is pretty cheap find an A/C tech for half an hour. Or check tech schools who have an A/C- refrigeration class. I repair fridges for $25-50 if there worth fixing to bad you not closer.

Back