Beer Ice Cream??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
I was watching Ice Cream Paradise on the travel channel. There was an ice cream parlor making a beer and nuts flavored ice cream. They were using a dark lager, butterfat, and nuts :confused:

Not sure if that would bood good or gross. I remember, back in the day, as a joke a made a beer milkshake. I drank it so as not to look "uncool" but it was NASTY!:p

I have a cheap little ice cream maker, and we make beer ice cream all the time. I made a Lindemann's Framboise ice cream once, and we actually made beer shakes with Lindemann's Framboise and the ice cream we made. So awesome.

I've made Young's Double Chocolate Stout ice cream, and Guinness ice cream too.

I also got the idea from the_bird to simmer down wort into a syrup, and use it as an ice cream topping. You wanna talk about heavenly...OMG.

OK, now that all sounds good. I must admit the beer shake back in the day...... consisted of bme and I use copenhagen for sprinkles.

Did I mention I was drunk off my A@@??

the issue with barleywine as a sauce when you cook it down to make a sauce you will cook off the liquir. I personally like AN IPA with chocolate Ice cream

I have a choc stout on tap right now that really goes well with vanilla bean icecream. I just may have to make some icecream with it, I have one of those kitchenaid icecream makers you use with your mixer.

I don't cook it down. Just pour it from the keg onto the ice cream. I might try mixing it with a little cocoa powder first, sounds good.

I'm in culinary school and somebody here made a beer ice cream. I think they used a Blue Moon beer but it could have been a Fat Tire. It was alright, improvements certainly could have been made. The ice cream came out tasting almost nutty, the only big problem was that the aftertaste was like stale beer.

Back