HELP! CP/Beer gun accessories>>

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theBFG

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a counter pressure filler or a blichmann beer gun, not sure which yet. I've read through a ton of threads but can't seem to figure this out:

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy the accessories package?

-I have a two tap tower kegerator (I added the second tap) so I have a split gas line already
-I have extra black and white liquid/gas quick disconnects and related parts to attach to cornies
-I have some extra gas and liquid tubing.

I can't tell from the pictures what else I need though. Basically, I would purchase either the CP or beer gun, whichever I had to buy less for as I can't tell from any previous threads that one is significantly better than the other.

Thanks for your help! :ban:

you have the accessories you need to use either. I prefer the beergun, I think it is easier to use.

Get one of the adapters so that you can add a gas ball lock post to the beer gun (gas side). Then you don't need the accessory kit at all. Simply have a gas feed long enough to connect to that post when you're using the beer gun and you're golden. That's how my Beer Gun is setup.

Thanks for your responses! I am probably going with the beer gun because that is what I was leaning towards anyway. And, let's be honest here, it sounds so much cooler.

Golddiggie - Do you mean the brass 1/4" NPT X 1/4" flare adapter? That looks like the only thing I may not have. I'm trying to picture this in my head (maybe should have waited until after work, but once I get an idea in my head...you know how it goes).

It would be gas side on the gun > adapter > line coming from the gas splitter?

I would get the 1/4" NPT to 19/32-18 adapter and then simply place a ball lock post (with poppet) on that. The adapter would replace the item that comes with the gun (or the accessory kit, I forget which). Just make sure you get the ball lock gas post that goes onto one of those adapters. Give Keg Connection a call/email about the parts. I've gotten more than a few sets from them.

I didn't buy the "accessories" package, as I have a ton of stuff laying around.

But I remember wishing I had bought something, and at the moment I just can't recall what it is.

As long as you have the line already split, and a way to connect the c02 (probably like Golddiggie describes), you're good.

Thanks Golddiggie and Yooper!

Gonna pull the trigger on this today.

ETA: Sheesh I make horrible puns even when not meaning to.

Back