Single Stage Fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
I ordered my kit from morebeer.com, but they didn't send a lid with my priming bucket so I had to do my first batch single stage on 7/16/2005. I had a very vigorous fermentation for 2-3 days, then it slacked off completely. I've watched for up to 3 mins without seeing bubble in the airlock.

My OG was 1.045 and last Thursday it had gone down to 1.010. Tomorrow will be 10 days and I am considering bottling it since its still in the primary. I have seen no action in the airlock and the color looks pretty clear considering I didn't steep my hops.

By the way, the style of beer was a Light Ale and I used Nottingham Dry Yeast by starter.

So should I bottle? My sample tasted wonderful considering it was flat.

whats the gravity reading at now? if it's consistent for 2 or more days then you should bottle. When you do so, add sugar/DME to the bottles and you will get carbonated beer.
K

My gravity still remains at 1.010. It definately looks a lot clearer than last Thursday as well. I think I'm going to bottle today. I am going to use corn sugar and mix in my priming bucket and stir well.

Back