Irish stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mot

Reaction score
Brewing one up and decided to dry some dry yeats...I have a packet of nottingham and then the kit came with a packet of mutons dry yeast pack.
What are your guys oipinions on which one to use? Or pitch both for something different?
I know nottingham is a good floculation and low fruity esters and such but never used dry yeats beofre. Opinions on which one to use ASAP would be great as I am in the middle of brewing

welll i found a thread just like this and every ne said nottingham so thats what i am gonna try

Definitely go with the nottingham. It will attenuate really well which is perfect for a nice dry stout. For best results make sure you rehydrate it before use but even if you don't it will turn out great! :mug:

I've used Nottingham's and with a stout it worked really well, hook up a blow-off as there are plenty of cells to start you off. It's a pretty neutral yeast as far as flavor. Similar to Safale 05.

Back