New keezer project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomedumbJerk

Reaction score
i'm going to make a simple keezer. i moved from a house that had a huge garage with power that came with a spare upright freezer, so i did the right thing and made it into a keezer with three cornies! now i live in a small house (more of an apartment really) and i just can't bring myself to bottle again. so i convinced the lady that i can put a keezer in the spare bedroom!:ban:

i bought this today new with warranty for $100. people wanted $80 or so for 10 year old chest freezers on craigslist. and my stairs are narrow, and i don't have room for it downstairs. the lady put her foot down with the 7cu freezers, so this is what i get to work with!

i lent my three keg set up to a buddy for the last six months and i get it back tomorrow. i know i can fit two in it, according to the circular cutouts in the store, but i'll see how practical it actually is. and i think i may be able to squeeze the third one in there with a collar. i'll update as soon as i get my keg setup back. he claims he'll bring it back tomorrow, but we'll see.

wish me luck!!!

got two cornies and a 5lb co2 tank in there no problem. pic:
DSC_0043.jpg

the CO2 is on the floor with the cornies. the hump is wide enough for the third without any support or anything. the fridge runs very quietly. i think i'm happy with it. i'll post more in the next few weeks as i get the collar on there.

and another good note: one of the kegs still had some Apfelwien in it... :mug:
still delicious.

I have the same basic freezer (Holiday 5.0). With an 8" collar I can get 3 pin lock corny's and a 5lb CO2 bottle.

Good luck with your build.

Back