Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ManhattanProjectBrewing said:
Hey There Shaine! Welcome to the fray….. I’m in West Richland; also an MCZA member. I don’t know if you were at the last meeting but I brought the Mexican Ale… Seemed to be a hit. I should’ve entered it in the quarterly contest. Dangit! None-the-less, welcome to HBT! See ya ‘round!

Cheers,

-JM

My cousin opened up a gun shop in west Richland late last year

Hey all from Pullman! Been lurking for awhile and decided to join the fun. I'm a recent graduate to all-grain brewing and going with BIAB method. I also joined the Facebook group for HOPS (homebrewers of the palouse) recently, so I hope to attend a few meetings, get to know some of you, and learn a thing or two!

Hi all from Covington! Started brewing about 2 months ago with a donated Mr Beer kit, moved quickly to 5 gallon batches and doing my second AG batch today a hoppy pilsner. Russ at Larry's has been a huge help every time I've been in (about 10 times now). Glad to see a state thread!

I didn't know there was a state thread until today! It would be nice to see a little more activity on here!

I just started extract brewing last month. Boiled my second batch Saturday. I'm in North central WA.

Another newbie here from Seattle! I've been brewing and experimenting with hard cider for about 2 months now. So far so good. My first bastch was a simple 1 gallon all grain pale, and now I'm working on the Brewers best saison. ��

WSU guy crimsonghost?

Another newbie here from Seattle! I've been brewing and experimenting with hard cider for about 2 months now. So far so good. My first bastch was a simple 1 gallon all grain pale, and now I'm working on the Brewers best saison. ��

For those in the Seattle area, Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland is shutting down. They are selling everything in the store for 75% off. They are also selling the fridges and fixtures. Sad to see them go, but I had switched to Micro Homebrew in Kenmore, which I thought had better prices and selection.

For those in the Seattle area, Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland is shutting down. They are selling everything in the store for 75% off. They are also selling the fridges and fixtures. Sad to see them go, but I had switched to Micro Homebrew in Kenmore, which I thought had better prices and selection.

Damn. We lost Larry's Brewing Supply in Tukwila (formerly Kent) this month as well.

On a brighter note, there is a new LHBS in the works for Puyallup, http://jonshomebrew.com/

Brew on :mug:

Damn. We lost Larry's Brewing Supply in Tukwila (formerly Kent) this month as well.

On a brighter note, there is a new LHBS in the works for Puyallup, http://jonshomebrew.com/

Brew on :mug:
I found Sound Homebrew Supply in Georgetown to be a good homebrew shop. Good prices and friendly, helpful staff and a good supply of grains and hops.

Checking in from Marysville. Just getting into this hobby and already have three brews in different stages. Patience just isn't happening. I've opened a bottle of my first brew every day since bottling to "see where it is", lol. Hurry up already and carbonate!

seattle here, central district,
love Sound homebrew, those guys are great

spent the day taking the new rig through a cleaning and water cycle to check for leaks, maybe a test batch this week...
watertest.JPG

Moved from Southern California and situated here in Tenino. Been brewing for two years but did take a long break with the move, addition to the family, and reestablishing my brew room. If there’s anyone local to me and is interested in a group buy for grains, please let me know. I want to start getting bulk grains but the shipping cost is crazy. I do plan on growing my own hops and grow/malt my own grains as well. If there’s anyone that’s already doing that, I’d like a few pointers. Thanks.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwet! [sic]

I believe there's a place in Vancouver WA that sells Great Western malts in bulk - I may be interested. I'm almost out of 2-row.

Not sure where your LHBS would be - an hour north to The Beer Essentials in Tacoma, Rocky Top in Oly, or Hop-n-Grape in Longview??

Moved from Southern California and situated here in Tenino. Been brewing for two years but did take a long break with the move, addition to the family, and reestablishing my brew room. If there’s anyone local to me and is interested in a group buy for grains, please let me know. I want to start getting bulk grains but the shipping cost is crazy. I do plan on growing my own hops and grow/malt my own grains as well. If there’s anyone that’s already doing that, I’d like a few pointers. Thanks.

Welcome to the area. The closest place to get good prices on grain is to put together a group buy from either Main Street or Brew Brothers in Hillsboro (just west of Portland). Beer Essentials, Fermentation Initiative, Jon's Homebrew, Rocky Top, and Baders have OK prices if you are needing small amounts but none have been willing to do much on bulk purchases in the past. The place in Longivew isn't worth even stopping at. They don't move much and are not really homebrew focused.

There is a couple clubs close to you that you might look into joining, South Sound Suds Society meets in Oly at Fish Brewing and Homebrewers of Puget Sound meets in Tacoma at Fermentation Initiative. I can only speak for HoPS in that we try to do group buys about once a year.

You are welcome to message me if you want more info on any of this.

Cheers!

Just move from SoCal to West Seattle.

Anyone know of a place the will refill CO2 and nitrogen tanks around west Seattle? I really don’t want to swap my shinny tanks if I don’t have to

I don't know West Seattle well at all but when I looked I to refills a while back, about the only place I found was ONE of the Central Welding shops... Lynnwood, I think. Maybe call them and Airgas. Fire King is another possibility.

I gave up and just swap now, but I have never had a problem besides the occasional ugly bottle... And they handle hydro testing, which is great.

Welcome to the area! I lived in WS for the majority of my child/young adulthood. I'm glad I'm not there anymore, but have lots of good memories.

I haven't had any luck finding refilling services. I use Central down in Georgetown (in the flood plain between West Seattle and Beacon Hill) but they don't refill, at least not for walk-ins.

Good luck, let me know what you find I've never had an issue having dirty bottles, but I don't display them so I don't care much anyway.

Hello, Washington folk. Seattle in the Leschi area here. Visited in 1989 and never wanted to move back home (CA).

My last all grain keggle brew was 15 years ago. Starting up again but smaller batches. I’d never heard nor tried BIAB but just did this past week. Experimenting more with it.

I used to shop at Homebrew Heaven in Everett (closed) but just recently discovered Sound Home Brew.

Glad to know of others near.

Sound Home Brew is my jam. Also, the only one even remotely close.

Welcome. I've visited twenty-two other states, and three provinces, and I haven't found any better places to live. Though if you know any other Californians, tell them the weather stinks and we pay like 20.5% sales tax on things. Thanks.

Back