Any Brewtroller Users interfacing without the LCD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What else did you have in mind? You could always control it via serial commands over a usb line. That would likely involve getting up close and personal with the source code, though.

Yeah, that's my question. I like the brewtroller, just not the dial + LCD screen interface...

If you are patient, Matt is working on BTNic which will allow the Brewtroller to be interfaced to a PC via ethernet and be controlled like the BCS-460. I am waiting for the Opentroller before I upgrade my Brewtroller. The Opentroller will support a touchscreen when it is finished. The Opentroller is a ways away though.

If you are patient, Matt is working on BTNic which will allow the Brewtroller to be interfaced to a PC via ethernet and be controlled like the BCS-460. ... The Opentroller will support a touchscreen when it is finished. The Opentroller is a ways away though.

This is what I was thinking, either web-interface or touchscreen. My brewery upgrade is going to be slow and over a long period of time so I can certainly be patient. Thank you guys, in the mean time I'll focus on getting the parts to the RIMS tube & other goodies! The controller can come last...

Back