Conical fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny77

Reaction score
I'm looking for a conical fermenter, I saw one on this forum from homebrewhouse, but the link isn't valid. Does anyone have a site for a good conical that won't break the bank account ?

You didn't mention the size.

I'm about a week away from using this for the first time:
http://synergymetalworking.com/BrewingEquipment_3.html

That counts for not breaking the bank for 15 gallons. A minibrew isn't much cheaper.
It makes up for that it doesn't have a true 60 degree cone by being able to be pressurized to carbonating levels. Any other conical is not pressurizable even though they say they are (and they mean to like 5 psi to push beer out, not to carbonate). Besides, it seems the general consensus now is that leaving the beer on a yeast cake that is spread out (ala carboy style) actually cleans up the beer faster. And, who needs to collect all of the yeast that isn't a commercial brewery? Some is just fine with me.

That counts for not breaking the bank for 15 gallons. A minibrew isn't much cheaper.
yea, I would no go any lower than a 15. A 7 gal conical just does not seem worth the bang for buck.

It makes up for that it doesn't have a true 60 degree cone by being able to be pressurized to carbonating levels. Any other conical is not pressurizable even though they say they are (and they mean to like 5 psi to push beer out, not to carbonate). Besides, it seems the general consensus now is that leaving the beer on a yeast cake that is spread out (ala carboy style) actually cleans up the beer faster. And, who needs to collect all of the yeast that isn't a commercial brewery? Some is just fine with me.
This is exactly my thought process when I was talking myself out of getting one. Until I start my Microbrewery that is :D

Back