Lactose into CARBED beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kunstler

Reaction score
So I have a nice porter on tap right now. And I'm mashing right now a remake of the porter (so that i have enough to last me through turkey day into the holdiay season).

After I started the mash, I thought "man a nice heavy/sweet porter would be nice with some vanilla and very light spices" as the test then try type of guy I am, I wanted to do a taste test, rather than potentially waste even a gallon, I wanted to make a pint (and then do the math if I like it and a test batch).

Can I add lactose to a carbed beer? will it change the taste or is lactose lactose and what yous see is what you get?

I was going to measure it out and pull a pint ontop of it with a little bit of spices sprinkled in to give me the feel of it.

Can I add lactose to a carbed beer?

Yes, when you add lactose does not change what it does to a beer. I would recommend dissolving the lactose first in a bit of water or beer, otherwise you are likely to have explosive de-gassing.

Back