Infection Help!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacstatebrew

Reaction score
I was checking out my october fest and found this :
DSC01007.JPG

Any ideas what it is?
The october fest fermented for 4 wks and has been in secondary for almost 2 wks.

I wouldn't be worried about it unless it was on the beer itself, with "arms," tentacles or other appendages, (or big white nasty bubbles), and singing Broadway tunes...

I keep reading these threads and wondering what I'll see on my beer that leads me to inevitably post an "Is my beer infected" thread? I've been as calm as I can be thus far into my first brew, but I'm normally a pretty anxious person, so I know it's coming. :)

I keep reading these threads and wondering what I'll see on my beer that leads me to inevitably post an "Is my beer infected" thread? I've been as calm as I can be thus far into my first brew, but I'm normally a pretty anxious person, so I know it's coming. :)

Nah...How many batches are you in?

It's usually simply a first or second batch that people tend to do this....usually.

You may be more like me when I started...I started this hobby calm, after reading all the "don't worry, your beer's not ruined" threads before I started brewing....

As opposed to a lot of new brewers I've helped, I was able to make a logic leap that went, "Well if THEIR beer wasn't ruined, why would I think that if I was careful, followed the advice found in Palmer, Papazian and all the threads I read, and sanitized, then why would I think that mine would be any different."

This might actually relate to you, perhaps you are the next "me" on here :mug:

When you live the sacred Rdwhahb through the entire process, then you are no longer a padwan...

yodabeer.jpg

......a "Jedi-brewer" you are.

On a side note you know you can it CTRL and move your roller on the mouse to enlarge or shrink the images on the screen.

Back