oatmeal stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnstr71

Reaction score
Gonna do my 1st stout this wknd (4th batch). Wanted to make it a choc. Oatmeal stout. Was gonna add at the end of the boil. Just curious if any1 has any thoughts or advise???

I was gonna get the beans from the homebrew shop and grind them in the coffee grinder. Then add them last 5 min.s of boil

Cooling capacity! I just did my first stout and had to freeze more water jugs for the SOFC.

uh...what?

As for the choco advice, +1 to using unsweetened. I've used bakers chocolate before added with 10min left in the boil with good results. It helps if you either finely chop it or melt it beforehand in the microwave

uh...what?

As for the choco advice, +1 to using unsweetened. I've used bakers chocolate before added with 10min left in the boil with good results. It helps if you either finely chop it or melt it beforehand in the microwave

Sorry for being vague. For the stout I made (7-8% abv) the fermentation was more vigorous compared to the normal 5-6% ales. If I was still using the closet for fermentation with it would not have been cold enough to keep the fermentation temperature in the proper range.

I got lucky that I have a Fermentation chamber that uses jugs of frozen Ice and a fan to create a colder environment for fermentation.

Latest posts

Back