Virginia: Rocktown Beer & Music Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Reaction score
Anyone going to this event on April 21? Josh and I are volunteering. Would like to meet any other HBT'ers that attend.

Yea! Can't wait to get down and walk around the campus... much has changed in 7 years...

Also looking forward to getting to Jack Brown's... wish that place was around when I was at JMU; would of loved to have bartended there.

I organized Rocktown last year and would love for some HBTers to come support us! Get on buying tickets ASAP.

I was also the Beer Director and Bar Manager for Jack Brown's and our sister restaurant Billy Jack's next door. Had to give it up to pursue my career in brewing. Great to see some local support here!

Maltose

Pray tell, how have you done in the industry and where are you currently employed. Josh and I would love to stop by to say hello or meet up at the fest.

Sheldon

Maltose

Pray tell, how have you done in the industry and where are you currently employed. Josh and I would love to stop by to say hello or meet up at the fest.

Sheldon

I'm a very happy brewer at Flying Dog. I lived in Harrisonburg for the past eight years (JMU Alum) and enjoyed every second of it. I hope to return to Harrisonburg one day and possibly open up a brewpub, as Calhoun's was sold earlier this year.

I'll be at the Flying Dog booth or running around helping the Rocktown guys this year at the festival. Would love to catch up with you and Josh over a pint or two. :mug:

I'm a very happy brewer at Flying Dog. I lived in Harrisonburg for the past eight years (JMU Alum) and enjoyed every second of it. I hope to return to Harrisonburg one day and possibly open up a brewpub, as Calhoun's was sold earlier this year.

I'll be at the Flying Dog booth or running around helping the Rocktown guys this year at the festival. Would love to catch up with you and Josh over a pint or two. :mug:

I assuming you know Tommy, DC sales rep, at Flying Dog? We've had a few beers together... Just txted him to see if he is working the fest.

Yea, let's definitely meet up, we can talk about the good ol' days of JMU. My plan is to walk through all of campus on our way to the fest Saturday AM. I haven't been back since homecoming in '05. Opening up a successful brewpub down there would be absolutely amazing.

I heard Calhoun's got sold... we went there one time while my family was visiting, dad you probably don't remember, but I was still slugging natty light with the occasional Warsteiner hefe 12-pack when I wanted to splurge.

I will be there for sure. Just too bad we can't bring any homebrew in :( I love giving out samples.

I'm heading out to H'burg now for the event. If any of you guys come across a gruff dude in a grey Beretta ballcap dragging around a hot blonde say hi :)

Scott

Not sure if you made it, but my son Josh and I were pouring for Stone Brewery yesterday. It was a great event, we heard they were out of all beers by about 7PM. We were pouring their RIS and an IPA. Needless to say, we were very popular.

Hope you had a great time, it was wild, especially when the thunderstorm rolled. in.

Sheldon

I actually did make it; although we rolled in around 5:30pm a bit after the thunderstorm. By the time I got there Stone was only pouring IPA and I have a fridge of that at home so I skipped over it. I wish I had known! I would have stopped in to chat at least.

Half of the taps were dry when I was there so I'm not sure what I missed. Was really impressed by one of Founder's IPAs that I hadn't tasted before and one from Terrapin Brewery.

Back