Video me and the kid did of All grain Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
Me and the kid on a whim recorded us making a beer its gonna get re shot since it was on a whim.... kinda a howto from a total noob haha

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOrGkzCnVdo]Dead Guy Ale Brew Day.(1/3) - YouTube[/ame]

Good job! I've always called Perle - Pearl hops. Another thing I like to do, especially since I am outside, is when I put my strike water into the MLT, I put the top on and let the cooler absorb some of the heat. Then I will add my grain and get to my mash temp.

Good to see another SW Washington brewer representing!

Another thing I like to do, especially since I am outside, is when I put my strike water into the MLT, I put the top on and let the cooler absorb some of the heat. Then I will add my grain and get to my mash temp.

I do the same thing, just to reduce the amount of heat-loss during the 60min mash. Say the strike temp is 170, I will preheat the water a little higher, say 180, then put the water in the MLT, close the lid, then wait 10-15 minutes. The water then comes down to 170, I mash in, and I don't even lose a 1 degree throughout the mash.

Nice Job. I just brewed up this recipe, too.. What type of efficiency did you get ?

i think jumped to 74% from 70% with my own grainmill so the ABV will be a little higher then anticipated on a side note was it easy to find the other two parts? i figured my efficiency when i over shot my OG when i was done filling my boil kettle i just kept adjusting the efficiency % till it matched my preboil grav

so the ABV will be a little higher then anticipated

To me, this is NEVER a bad thing :p

I noticed a jump as well in efficiency once I had my own grain mill. I haven't adjusted my recipes for it yet as I am still going for consistency. Once I make a batch a few times and I am hitting the same numbers then I will adjust to my new efficiency.

Latest posts

Back