Group 18 Brewing - Johann Sebastian Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoBull6

Reaction score
What do you think of this as a first draft label for my very first batch of beer? It's a European Bock, so I think the name is perfect ;-)

Looking for feedback on the name as well as the label. Thanks!

Johann_Sebastian_Bock_01.jpg

i like the simplicity, but i think the text needs a bit more deliberateness (is that a word?) in its arrangement. right now it looks like its just stacked in the dark area, which does make sense for readability...but...i dont know

I like it. I might be inclined to make the beer-info text just a wee bit larger (hard to imagine it will be very readable once it's down to label size, especially if the ink smudges at all). Same with the brewery name. The beer name, though, flows along the same angle as the sheet music in Bach's hand, and forms a balanced upside-down "V" shape with the shirt and the buttons, so I think it works pretty well asthetically.

Me, personally, I'd increase the font size of the brewery name so it extended down about halfway on the label, but again that's personal preference. It might just be a little hard to read at its current size.

Overall, though, real nice. Gonna send me one? ;)

the_bird said:
I like it. I might be inclined to make the beer-info text just a wee bit larger (hard to imagine it will be very readable once it's down to label size, especially if the ink smudges at all). Same with the brewery name.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I wasn't totally thinking about how it would come out once I printed it, but you're right - the text will probably be WAY too small. I'll up the font sizes tonight and put up version 2.0 for your viewing pleasure.

the_bird said:
Overall, though, real nice. Gonna send me one? ;)
As for the sending of beer, I may just do that. :mug: Would be nice to get some feedback on my first batch, even though it wasn't from a recipe I created.

NoBull6 said:
As for the sending of beer, I may just do that. :mug: Would be nice to get some feedback on my first batch, even though it wasn't from a recipe I created.

I'll return the favor! Got a couple brews in various stage of fermenation that I'll want some feedback on, one an IPA based very closely on Walker-San's IPA and a mocha porter. Still a couple weeks away from drinking, though.

Maybe im nit picking but shouldnt it read "Johann Sebastian's Bock" otherwise the Play on 'Bach' might be misinterpreted as a misspelling

Andre Agassi said:
Maybe im nit picking but shouldnt it read "Johann Sebastian's Bock" otherwise the Play on 'Bach' might be misinterpreted as a misspelling
It's just a bad pun, really, but it's written as intended. :D

Back