• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB All grain Brewing setup Southern Ca

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narrf

Reaction score
Im looking for a complete all grain brewing setup. Im willing to drive, Post pic of what you have. I have cash thats burning a whole in my pocket

Check out Brewsteel.com I have there two tier badass brew stand it's awesome. There in NorCal don't know if that's to far...

Those are some NICE stands! Im new to brewing, but have been reading books and researching for about a year i I just havent been able to pull the trigger and buy some equipment. I keep going back and forth between all grain and extract. At this point i would rather spend the cash and get soething I can grow into. have any advice on a good place to buy or what to stay away from?

All grain isn't that intimidating, as a lot of people seem to make it out to be. The only thing it requires that extract doesn't is a full set of equipment. So you spend the money up-front, but otherwise it's usually a one and done thing until you decide you want "more better."

I would suggest continue a little bit of research, but really to figure out what kind of all-grain system you want. BIAB (brew in a bag) in its purest form requires just a kettle, a burner, and a grain bag. I decided on two kegs (one HLT, one BK), plus a 10gallon igloo cooler mash tun in which I use a grain bag and full-boil mash (like BIAB). I personally decided on stainless parts over aluminum and brass, though part of it was b/c I got some cheap decommissioned kegs from a local brewery. You'll also need a turkey fryer.

Anyway - where to get stuff sort of depends on who has what you need. Certainly you can get a full setup from a home brew store, but you're going to pay top-dollar, admittedly for a pretty nice turnkey system. You're relatively close to MoreBeer, so the drive wouldn't be too bad if you actually wanted to see the stuff for yourself. As for other parts, Home Depot/Lowes will have some misc items. Brew Hardware and Bargain Fittings has things for your kettles. I had good experiences getting quite a bit of equipment from Austin Homebrew. Again, it depends on what type of setup you think sounds good to you, and how much DIY you are comfortable doing. There's no rule saying you have to have a specific brand or specific set of equipment/parts. Only a few things are absolutely required.

Thanks for all of the great info. I really think all grain is the way im gonna go and more beer has a 15% off sale on the 10th so maybe i will talk to those guys if i dont find some some things through this forum

there are usually good deals on LA craigslist every week or 2 esp if you are willing to drive a bit

a good start in the meantime would be BIAB as suggested above

cheapest option would be to get a bayou classic burner and 30qt alum. pot and a couple 5gal paint strainer bags ~ $60

Someone In the inland empire was selling a brutus 10 for $1000 but i never got a responce from them.I dont mind driving so I will keep looking, I really appriciate the info if anyone comes across any good deals keep me in mind lol. thanks.

Back