Need help for Christmas party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peligro28

Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some help with beer style choice and/or recipes. Im brew 2 five gallon batches of beer for my workplace's Christmas party. I dont think there arw many craft beer enthusiasts so I need to be somewhat simple. I dont want to make just a light ale or a stout. What would be a good seasonal begginer craft beer to make. Im parial to making ales, all grain recipes. If you have any suggestions or recipes yo have had success with shoot them this way. Much aprreciated!!

In my experience non-craft drinkers shy away from too dark and too bitter.
Maybe a spiced seasonal with a heavy dose of crystal malts and a high mash temp for some sweetness.
How about a belgian pale as a more interesting beer for the lighter beer drinkers with some honey or interesting raw sugar to keep it light bodied?
Not beer, but its the perfect time of year for a cider. Add some spices and brown sugar and its a sure hit with any non beer drinkers.

Awesome advice! I was thinking of doing a light honey ale. I read an article that the white house did a honey ale and that sparked my interest. Cider! Good idea, have done one before though, cant be much more difficult than AG. Can you point me in the right direction to a good cider recipe?

Zymurgy did an article last year. Fresh cider, add yeast and pectic enzyme. If the cider isnt pasteurized use a campden tablet and wait a day to pitch. Wine beer or cider yeast all work. Wine yeast will be a bit drier finish. You can add a lb of brown sugar or molasses and spices like cinnamon nutmeg and maybe ginger. If you want it sweeter, search on backsweeten cider.

Splurge on good honey rather than the cheap grocery store stuff. And add it late rather than boiling off a lot of aroma.

Back