Laundry/Brew Room Makeover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley23

Reaction score
Going to be doing a complete laundry room makeover. Wife said to incorporate brewing into plan (man I love her!). Any ideas/pictures to share on best way to utilize space?

3 compartment sink? Varying level shelving units?

New to brewing - and have no ideas.

Are you planning electric or gas? Either way, you want to take your ventilation seriously as there is going to be alot of moisture in the air (and CO if you are using propane/gas).

I would make sure you have plenty of shelf space to put buckets, boxes of bottles, brewing supplies, etc. And maybe a ferment fridge?

got a layout of the room? floor plan? items that'll be in there?

what kind of brewing do you do? extract? all grain? electric? gas? what kind of equipment do you have?

can you build a stand in there that'll stay put, or will it need to break down?

make sure she actually meant that you're allowed to brew in there, not just store brew crap ;)

Yeah, put the washer and dryer in the garage and own the room :)

the dryer will put of a ton of heat, were you planning on having your brew sit out in the same room? I would suggest an insulated section for your beer (primary/secondary/bottles)

Back